Connect to internet in Reactos

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: Connect to internet in Reactos

Post by dizt3mp3r »

sorin_postelnicu wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 am In the open-source world, 2 years ago is like 2 weeks ago.
No. I am the kind voice. The cruel voices will come and shout loud if you re-open long dead threads - you need to be aware of this if you are going to post here. Read the forum rules.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

sorin_postelnicu wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 am Dear dizt3mp3r,
In the open-source world, 2 years ago is like 2 weeks ago.
If you don't believe me, just have a look at this ticket which was opened in 2010 and fixed in 2015: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-4852

And I didn't awake this "dead" thread for fun, but because I commented on it 2 years ago while trying to use RApps at the office, and today (2 years later) I still cannot use RApps when I am behind a proxy-server with user & password.

I was looking right now through the ReactOS code to see if I could contribute to implement this feature, and I found that (for some unknown reason) the RApps code is not using the system-wide internet proxy settings, but instead it's implementing its own settings for proxy, without the feature of having a username & password.
probably because most people working on reactos do not have a functional proxy with username/password setup at home to test with ;)
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

sorin_postelnicu wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:30 pm but at a certain point Microsoft has integrated Internet Explorer into Windows Explorer (I mean, you could type an http address in the Windows Explorer location-bar, and it would take you to that website), so I assumed that the same is the case for ReactOS Explorer. (especially since there is no other browser installed by default)
Because until Windows XP, Microsoft Explorer (the file manager) and Internet Explorer shared the same base, and you can use the file manager as a browser because it was the same software code.
After XP, Windows didn't use the same base for the both, and became two different software, but if you put an Internet address in explorer.exe, now it launch the default browser with the address you ask.