Another Stupid Question from a Non-Programmer Type

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

singletrack138

Another Stupid Question from a Non-Programmer Type

Post by singletrack138 »

Hi, and happy New Year!

I downloaded and booted the Live CD this evening and encoutered pretty much all the problems that were detailed in the "Disabled Live CD" thread (including not being able to get the OS to see my NIC, and thus not being able to get online). I also noticed, though, that I could get into the ROS browser, and it saw all my drives, but could only access one small FAT32 partitioned space, and none of my NTFS drives. Just curious why. I'm not a programmer; mostly a hardware dabbler and when I saw ROS it piqued my curiousity.

Chuck
reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

Because they still need to reverse engineer and implement an NTFS driver.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: Another Stupid Question from a Non-Programmer Type

Post by Jaix »

singletrack138 wrote:Hi, and happy New Year!

I downloaded and booted the Live CD this evening and encoutered pretty much all the problems that were detailed in the "Disabled Live CD" thread (including not being able to get the OS to see my NIC, and thus not being able to get online). I also noticed, though, that I could get into the ROS browser, and it saw all my drives, but could only access one small FAT32 partitioned space, and none of my NTFS drives. Just curious why. I'm not a programmer; mostly a hardware dabbler and when I saw ROS it piqued my curiousity.

Chuck
Depending on if your Nic is a common one it may exist in the ROS driver folder, but if you have anything else you need to put the driver and inf file in the propriate folder or a insall disk in the slot may work too atleast if the files is in the root of the floppy.