Drivers again

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nmn

Drivers again

Post by Nmn »

Ok. I forgot to ask questions :oops:

Can i install infs? How if so?

Can i install windows hardware drivers? how if so?

Why arn't my installed reactos network drivers working? can this problem be fixed?

The only game i can test reactos on is quake 3(OpenGL)... so, i need a way for it to correctly read the PK3(They are internally zip files) data files?

Hows direct x support coming?

And a new q, Why is my computer running so slow in react os that my mouse is heavily delayed?

Thx in advance.
ThePhysicist
Developer

Re: Drivers again

Post by ThePhysicist »

Nmn wrote:Ok. I forgot to ask questions :oops:
Can i install infs? How if so?
I think there's no installation routine yet. If you know how inf files work, you can open them with an editor and look where the files should be copied. Then copy the files to their destination and the inf file to ROS\inf, add the registry entries to the registry and try if it works ;-) I have tried it with sound and display driver and it didn't work. There's an installation guide for Geforce TNT2 driver in the wiki, but it's not very easy ;-)
Can i install windows hardware drivers? how if so?
Just try it out. NT4 drivers might be working, but I didn't have luck yet. The setup.exe wasn't even executable ;-) You might have to wait some month before driver compatiblity and installation is working better. Maybe 0.4 is a good version(?)
Why arn't my installed reactos network drivers working? can this problem be fixed?
Isn't working for me either. I have two network cards installed but no information what they are doing. ipconfig always says something about a closed pipe or something. Are you using a router or direct connection? I have a router and I guess that doesn't work yet. But I also would like to know if/how I can make it work. Haven't found something on the wiki yet.
The only game i can test reactos on is quake 3(OpenGL)... so, i need a way for it to correctly read the PK3(They are internally zip files) data files?
I think 1st you need a driver for your graphics card working. 2nd you need a working OGL driver. Something from the wiki:
wiki wrote: "If you have an Nvidia graphics driver and your games support OpenGL as renderer then your game will probably work, but without any sound."
But then there should be no problem with the pk3 files, Q3 will open them like any other file. You don't need anything else.
Hows direct x support coming?
look here for info on DirectX: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/N ... ctX_Status
And a new q, Why is my computer running so slow in react os that my mouse is heavily delayed?
I don't know why, but I know it can be annoying. Sometimes starting programs take a looong long time before doing something and you notice it is still working, because the mouse isn't moving very fast. It would be nice if the mouse priority would be increased.
Nmn

Drivers Again

Post by Nmn »

Great. So, Q3 should run? in Wine on linux, it appears to not, and i am ready to run! I got gfx card working :)

Turns out official drivers do work, in the long run. ROS is way ahead of wine. I am going to test Q3 and iRosE, My new ROS web browser(using mozilla active x, if any ones interested, ill think of redistribution sooner.)