GRUB (Yes I read the wiki page)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

linforcer

GRUB (Yes I read the wiki page)

Post by linforcer »

I can't esem to get grub to boot ReactOS,I just get a file not found ( I'm assuming it's referring to freeldr.sys)

Right now my grub entry says this:

title ReactOS
root (hd1,0)
kernel /freeldr.sys DefaultOS=ReactOS TimeOut=0

When I mount the partition it's on (FAT32 btw) I see all the files of the install but no freeldr.sys.
GvG

Re: GRUB (Yes I read the wiki page)

Post by GvG »

linforcer wrote:When I mount the partition it's on (FAT32 btw) I see all the files of the install but no freeldr.sys.
Well, that kind of explains why Grub can't find it then... How did you install?
linforcer

Post by linforcer »

I used the install CD. The choice at the end was to install to MBR (this of course wasn't what I wanted) or to a bootdisk, or to skip it.

I don't have a floppy drive, so I chose number 3.

Also, on a sidenote, I chose US-Dvorak in the hardware menu, but it still acted as though I had a QWERTY keyboard. (I had to press "E" instead of "D" for instance to delete partitions.)
GvG

Post by GvG »

Sounds like a bug in the installer. It shouldn't touch the MBR of course, but it should still install freeldr.sys and create a freeldr.ini. I'll look into it.
linforcer

Post by linforcer »

alright. maybe they're there though and I just don't know where. though, assuming from what the wiki says I should put in GRUB, I'm guessing it shoud be right in / ?
GvG

Post by GvG »

linforcer wrote:though, assuming from what the wiki says I should put in GRUB, I'm guessing it shoud be right in / ?
Correct.
linforcer

Post by linforcer »

yeah, alright then it's definitely not there. can I possibly just download it from somewhere on the site so I can stick it in manually for the time being?
GvG

Post by GvG »