someone cheat donate

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

acoma

someone cheat donate

Post by acoma »

I love this project very much, I find a website, it gains by Reactos project. it seems not official, and ask pepole donate.

https://www.reactos.com.cn/main/other.htm
Colin Finck
Developer

Re: someone cheat donate

Post by Colin Finck »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! This indeed seems to be a website with close to no content, trying to look official and begging for donations. As I don't know about Chinese regulations regarding such copies, I don't know what one could do about them though.

Any forum people here who have experience with such Chinese copies and what to do about them?
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
i am not a lawyer but they may be violating reactos trademark the page is not loading for me
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

That's clearly a phishing site, and it has no content other than begging for donations. Most of the navigation links all go to the same place. I'd contact the government there over that as the intent is clearly fraud. I started searching for where to report this and have come up dry.
dark

Post by dark »

PurpleGurl wrote:That's clearly a phishing site, and it has no content other than begging for donations. Most of the navigation links all go to the same place. I'd contact the government there over that as the intent is clearly fraud. I started searching for where to report this and have come up dry.
I suppose you could also report it as a phishing site so Chrome and Firefox automatically block it.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

dark wrote:I suppose you could also report it as a phishing site so Chrome and Firefox automatically block it.
That's likely more productive than my suggestion. Guess where roughly 80% of phishing is said to originate?
middings

Post by middings »

I am not a lawyer but I do know that trademarks are either defended or lost.
dark

Post by dark »

PurpleGurl wrote:
dark wrote:I suppose you could also report it as a phishing site so Chrome and Firefox automatically block it.
That's likely more productive than my suggestion. Guess where roughly 80% of phishing is said to originate?
done, looks like Google powers both chrome and firefox anti phishing, reported through IE as well.