Failed Install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jamesbiddle

Failed Install

Post by jamesbiddle »

:cry: Several attempts and can't install it. Perhaps old computer I was using for this wasn't up to snuff.
I want to dump it and reinstall Windows Me or Linx. But I can't boot from the cd because it automatically goes to the react boot loader. I can't get passed that. It starts to boot from cd then the react boot loader takes over.
HELP!
Thanks
--JPB
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: Failed Install

Post by Jaix »

jamesbiddle wrote::cry: Several attempts and can't install it. Perhaps old computer I was using for this wasn't up to snuff.
I want to dump it and reinstall Windows Me or Linx. But I can't boot from the cd because it automatically goes to the react boot loader. I can't get passed that. It starts to boot from cd then the react boot loader takes over.
HELP!
Thanks
--JPB
Get yourself a windows boot disk and boot from it, from the dosprompt do:
fdisk /mbr
and
sys c:
That should do the trick.
Nmn

Failed Install

Post by Nmn »

Dont worry about this problem. there is more than that way around too, though. You can: Format your harddrive and lose all of the files in reactos setup, IF POSSIBLE TO GET THERE, or you can get into bios setup and simpily look for boot prioritys and continue to swap around the drives until an one time after using the save and reboot function, the cd is read and it asks you to press any key to boot from cd.

COMMON CMOS/BIOS SETUP TRIGGERING KEYS:
INTEL: F8, F2
AMD: DELETE
GENERIC: ESC, F10