Blank Screen when finished loading "boot FIles"

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

gablea

Blank Screen when finished loading "boot FIles"

Post by gablea »

Hi all,

I have a Computer that I want to try ReactOS on the following is the specs of the machine

CPU : 566MHz
RAM : 512MB
HHD : 20GB

I get the message saying "loading ReactOS Installer" and the progress bar goes all the way to the other side of the screen
then the screen goes blank for a few mins then I get a blue screen with the following information

I01_INITIAIZATION_FAILED

Technical information
STOP : 0x00000069

what does this mean? I am using bootcd-73479-dbg-msvc build.
middings

Re: Blank Screen when finished loading "boot FIles"

Post by middings »

Hello gablea. Thank you for trying ReactOS on your computer and letting us know your result. ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes. (Unfortunately, some web sites that mention ReactOS fail to mention ReactOS's alpha status.)

ReactOS's bug check (stop) codes are also compatible with Microsoft Windows's bug check codes. You can look up "I01_INITIAIZATION_FAILED" and "STOP : 0x00000069" using your favorite web search engine. A search will reveal the reason for the bug check (also known as a stop screen, informally it is called the Blue Screen Of Death or BSOD for short). However, fixes proposed for Microsoft Windows will almost certainly not be useful for ReactOS because of design and coding differences and ReactOS's present state of incompleteness (alpha software level).

I performed a web search using the string "00000069". One of the web pages found was Microsoft's Bug Check Code Reference. It lists the bug check codes Microsoft Windows, including ones added for later versions of Microsoft Windows up through Windows 10. I scrolled through the list and found information for the bug you encountered. This older page named Error Message was also returned. It has an interesting explanation. Unfortunately, this page's "User Action" advice is completely useless for alpha level ReactOS of course.

The ReactOS project has seen behavior similar to what you encountered on the Live CD builds. (Bug reports with "0x00000069".) There appears to be no reports in the ReactOS project's JIRA issue tracker attributing the problem you encountered to a Debug build of ReactOS. I recommend that you obtain a backtrace, (also called a debug log) if possible and start a new issue in JIRA for this problem.

Do not be discouraged. Help the ReactOS forum community help you. Read this post [ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!! then come back to this thread that you started. Edit your initial post to add information that can help other ReactOS forum readers understand your computer and its configuration. Again, thank you for trying ReactOS on your computer.
Last edited by middings on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
reactosfan34

Re: Blank Screen when finished loading "boot FIles"

Post by reactosfan34 »

A big question I have for you is how are you attempting to install ReactOS? Are you using a built in CD drive or USB booting (that includes a USB external CD drive). I would also unplug any unnecessary USB devices and use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse while installing. The USB stack/stuff is still being implemented from code that someone wrote for this years Google Summer of Code.