Application Manager

Post by SteveB »

There are many appications I can't seem to install, for example

FireFox 45
Opera 12.8
UlraVNC
Gimp
Inkscape

The integrity check fails with a corruption message and the application manager refuses to install them, are the items in the application manager tested?
Fraizeraust

Re: Application Manager

Post by Fraizeraust »

I can confirm the issue with Firefox 45. It took me like several minutes to download the setup file completely and it ended up with an error message (can't remember for sure what the message said). Pretty sure this needs to be reported on JIRA bugtracker if this problem is notoriously serious.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Trouble is I can't be sure that it is a problem with the Application Manager or if the applications are indeed corrupt, so submitting a bug might be premature.
osuser25

Post by osuser25 »

I think bittorrent also says something about a corrupt file, but that might be the host servers fault not ReactOS.

Firefox 45 installs for me.

Opera 12.8 installs.

UltraVNC did not pass integrity check.

Inkscape installs.

GIMP installs.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I updated a bunch of entries last week, but stuff like FF45 has to work because the setups on Mozilla FTP did not change.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
middings

Post by middings »

SteveB, please describe:
  • your computer's make and model (or motherboard & CPU), include a link to the product's web page if you can
  • if using a virtual machine (VM), the name, version, and exact set up and parameters used
  • any USB devices attached to your computer
  • the exact version or nightly build revision of ReactOS you are using
  • the exact version of the application software you tried to install and how it can be obtained
Then describe how your attempts to install application software failed. Report step-by-step:
  • exactly what you did
  • what you expected to see
  • what you saw
edited 15 Jan 2017, added "if using virtual machine..."
Last edited by middings on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Hi guys!
It is now installing FireFox... I'll test the others to see what I get.
I have to ask anyone reading this to keep reading and not just say "Oh well THERE's you're problem!". ReactOS is installed in a QEMU virtual machine hosted on CentOS Linux 6.8. The host hardware is a 32GB OctaCore AMD FX3850 booted from an SSD with a class 5 RAID as main storage. The VM HDD image is on an SSD and was (past-tense because I upped the specs this morning (a nice thing about VMs))

1CPU (a Single core of the AMD FX 8350
3 GB RAM
8GB HDD (I'm testing, not setting up for daily use)
Cirrus 9MB VGA

I bumped the specs to this (see below) before firing it up this morning;

2CPUs (a Single core of the AMD FX 8350
4 GB RAM
8GB HDD (I'm testing, not setting up for daily use)
Cirrus 9MB VGA

On starting the Applications Manager it updated the database. I selected Firefox 45, downloaded and installed fine.
I'll check the other apps I've tried to download and report back.

I'm really impressed with it so far.
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Oh, forgot to include some info about the Reactos Version, build & system info from the Properties of "My Computer";

System Machine
Version: 0.4.3 Authentic AMD
2061114-r73228 QEMU Virtual CPU version
(cpu64-rhel6)
1.00 GHZ
3.49 GB of RAM

Oh, and the host CPU is an FX 8320 8 Core, I previously reported it as an 8350.... *sorry*.
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

OK, although Firefox installed, the others I reported on earlier all failed the integrity check. Those would be;

GIMP
Inkscape
Opera 12.18
UltraVNC

But With a fairly recent version of Firefox up and running I can continue on to download QB 2017 & do some testing.
I
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Can anyone confirm that one?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Fraizeraust

Post by Fraizeraust »

I ran the application manager and seems GIMP, Inkscape and Opera 12.18 succeed the integrity check except for UltraVNC. Went through ReactOS debugging mode and this is what it tells when you get the fail integrity error.

Code: Select all

TCP operation failed: 0xc0000128 (-12)
TCP operation failed: 0xc0000128 (-12)
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

OK, where are those logs in the filesystem? Does ReactOS need to be restarted in debug mode or has the application manager got a debug mode?
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

I've restarted ReactOS in debug mode, tried to install inkscape and it failed the integrity test. Looking for logs in the Administrative Tools to see more. I do see the application manager showing success and the message "Installation of the progeam "Inkscape" is called.", but nothing referring to the integrity check.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

TCP operation failed has nothing to do with RAPPS. Thats from tcpip stack. It's quite strange that many ppl can load the files and you cant... Do the setups work when tested on Host Windows? Maybe your Internet is unstable...

SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Wellll... the Internet stability theory is good, so I did a few tests...

1- Download Inkscape (V0.92) from inkscape.org using Windows 7 in a VM (hosted on the same server as ReactOS)
2- Run the Install
3. Success.
4- Download Inkscape (V0.92) from inkscape.org using Firefox 45 from within ReactOS.
5- Run the install.
6- Success.
7- Run the Applications Manager
8- Select Graphics->Inkscape
9- Download only shows 99% completion
10 - The package did not pass the integrity check.

As long as I can download applications using Firefox, or even use the Linux host to dload the apps, then make an iso cd or dvd image and connect it to the ReactOS VM to run the install, then that works too.
It's come so far since I first used it in 2006. I look forward to future ReactOS releases and will continue experimenting.