Flash and VLC Plugin Support

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

suchiprashant

Flash and VLC Plugin Support

Post by suchiprashant »

We have installed ReactOS 0.4.3 and 0.4.2 both for testing for Flash and VLC plugins .. for which we have followed below steps
1) Downloaded and Installed Firefox 48
2) Downloaded and installed flash player 22 and tried for 24 also
3) downloaded and installed VLC 2.2

When we are browsing website which has Flash Contents / VLC contents, the contents is getting played in full screen in firefox but not visible full approx 30% contents is visible rest black screen .

Our requirement is that we need to browse a site which has both Flash and VLC contents

can you please help us to resolve the issue
dizt3mp3r

Re: Flash and VLC Plugin Support

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Probably not. ReactOS is alpha and usable for testing and demonstration only. If you are using it for any other purpose then your intention is incorrect. Simply lower your expectations, expect no fixes to your specific issue now and whatever turns up in the future will be positive. Many things will/may not function for a long time during development but all will be fixed in the long run.

Search for or raise any new bugs in the ReactOS bug system https://jira.reactos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Where do you try that? VM or real hardware? If VM, did you install the VM Tools including drivers for GFX?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
suchiprashant

Post by suchiprashant »

I am trying on two different Physical Desktop Systems and when i am trying to install Graphics Drivers OS giving BSOD
one system is Intel I3 and Second one is P4 with onboard VGA
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Do be aware that testing on real hardware will be hit and miss with regard to compatibility.

Read the guide here: https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_ReactOS
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.