How to report mass driver amount tested on hardware?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

SSantos

How to report mass driver amount tested on hardware?

Post by SSantos »

I have downloaded all appropriate drivers for the tested laptop model. Now I am unsure how to report the findings.
I find it too much work to create a bug report per failure. Also that would not report what was successful.
The comments column in the PC Rigs does also not seem to be useful for the sheer amount of tested drivers.
justincase

Re: How to report mass driver amount tested on hardware?

Post by justincase »

You could add the hardware you've tested to the appropriate 'Supported Hardware' page(s) on the wiki (e.g. there are pages for USB, video card, sound card, NIC, etc.), however, I'd still recommend listing your PC's overall specs on the Rigs page and linking the driver(s) tested with each entry.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
SSantos

Re: How to report mass driver amount tested on hardware?

Post by SSantos »

Well, what I wanted to do is to report about the software installation success. Other than the also existing laptop manufacturer software, drivers are of course special software. Here are two examples:

Dell QuickSet Application
R165094.exe (9.72 MB)
Install: OK
Run: blue screen (STOP: 0x0000001E, win32k.sys)

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.5515_RC22-WHQL, A11
R171789.exe (7.96 MB)
Installer windows closes without displaying result, i.e.: finished. After rebooting and trying to complete process: ""ExitError:Error=This system does not support the driver you are trying to install."