main website and JIRA credential syncing...

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

curiousone

main website and JIRA credential syncing...

Post by curiousone »

How often/when are main website and JIRA credentials synchronized?

I 'lost' password and reset, am able to logon to website (using new password now),
but JIRA still doesn't let me log on (less than 24 hours since reset occurred, probably more than 12 hours.)

Thanks.
ROCKNROLLKID

Re: main website and JIRA credential syncing...

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

I think you need to wait 24 hours, as I think that is how long I waited when I first joined the forums here. If it doesn't work in 48 hours, then I would report it to here.
middings

Post by middings »

I put "login synchronize" into the Support forum's search box. It returned a link to this thread:
I can login to ReactOS site and Forum but not to JIRA.

Microsoft's Raymond Chen advises, "Don’t be helpless: You can find information, too, if you try".
(Did Microsoft's Mr. Windows Master really link to Google?!)
curiousone

Post by curiousone »

It's now been about 18 days, and,
while I can login to the forum just fine with the new password,
I *still can't login to JIRA* (with that new password, and still haven't remembered the old one.)

Any ideas/suggestions of what to do now?

Thanks.
middings

Post by middings »

Now you must contact one of the Systems Administrators. I have sent you a private message about that.
curiousone

Post by curiousone »

Well, I've sent a message as you suggested but no reply yet.

Meanwhile, I had an idea - maybe the system generated password didn't trigger an update...

So, I decided to try to change my password manually (from the one generated by system request to reset password).

Only, the main website is telling me when I try to save that my 'current' password is missing or incorrect, in spite of the fact that it is entered in the box requested, and it is the same one that I just used (via clipboard) to login to the system to attempt the change.

Any ideas on this one?
oldman

Post by oldman »

curiousone wrote:Well, I've sent a message as you suggested but no reply yet.

Meanwhile, I had an idea - maybe the system generated password didn't trigger an update...

So, I decided to try to change my password manually (from the one generated by system request to reset password).

Only, the main website is telling me when I try to save that my 'current' password is missing or incorrect, in spite of the fact that it is entered in the box requested, and it is the same one that I just used (via clipboard) to login to the system to attempt the change.

Any ideas on this one?
I hope that you have not screwed up your account with what you have attempted above!

Some years ago, I experienced the situation, where I could not log in to Jira, so I went to the front page at reactos.org, logged out, then logged in and then back to Jira where I found that I was now logged in. I think that I may have had auto login enabled at that time.

So what I suggest you try is, disable auto login, reload the page (or even go to another website and then come back to reactos.org), then go to Jira and use the login form there. If that fails, then go to the front page and login there. If you find that you are already logged in, then log out and log in again and return to the Jira page to see if you are logged in there also.

If all that fails then you will have to wait for help from an administrator, or delete your current account and create a new one; but then you may have to wait for the synchronize to happen!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
curiousone

Post by curiousone »

@oldman - I don't seem to have any 'auto' login enabled, at least when I go from logged in reactos.org to JIRA I am not logged in there.

I decided to try reset again - I _may_ have done it from the forum website before, as I was _sent_ a password... In reviewing old emails, I noticed a difference from some past time when I done this...

So, this time, after requesting the reset from main website, IMMEDIATELY after logging into main site, it would let me change the password at that time from that login (that initial screen did not require the 'old' password, it was apparently working from the 'temporary' login.

I guess I'll give it 24 hours (@middings - Is 6 all that is supposed to be necessary? per your post elsewhere?) now to see if it syncs with JIRA...

Will provide further info after 24 hours or after I find I can login to JIRA...
oldman

Post by oldman »

curiousone wrote:@oldman - .................. when I go from logged in reactos.org to JIRA I am not logged in there.
That is what I understood was happening to you, so the suggestion was to go to the front page and log out! But what I have posted above was for the old website.

Having now done some testing, I have found that things are different on the new website. I have found that when I log in at the front page and go to Jira, I am not logged in there as expected, but I can log in at Jira (though it was slow for me) and log out at Jira, but I then found that I was still logged in at the forum and the front page; quirky system! Or is the website and the forum now separate from Jira requiring a separate login?
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
curiousone

Post by curiousone »

Shortly before (well a while now, I failed to submit) this post I was able to login to JIRA successfully.

So, I think before, I _may_ have requested a password reset from the _forum_, which sent me an actual hex character password.

Wherever I requested it from, the password would work to login to the forum, _and_ would work to login to the main website but would NOT a)login to JIRA, nor b)allow me to successfully change my password on the main website. (I could not find any place on the forum profile page to attempt a password change.)

When I requested a password from the main website (reactos.org) I was _not_ sent a password, but was sent a link for a one-time login. After which I was immediately able to change my password on the initial page (I think) that was presented to me from that one-time login.

Maybe this info will be useful to someone else.

Thanks for the input from those of you who have given it.
middings

Post by middings »

curiousone wrote:@middings - Is 6 all that is supposed to be necessary? per your post elsewhere?) now to see if it syncs with JIRA...
Will provide further info after 24 hours or after I find I can login to JIRA...
Heis Spiter (Pierre Schweitzer) says the wait for user login credentials to synchronize between ReactOS servers is 6 (six) hours maximum. He should know, he is one of the system administrators.

I am glad you figured out how to resolve the password problem you encountered.
Describing the solution you found was good of you. Thank you.