Trouble with Keyboard /Mouse during install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

gp65

Trouble with Keyboard /Mouse during install

Post by gp65 »

Hello. On my first attempt to run the live cd this morning the mouse failed to work when asked to click Live or install option. On my second try it worked and I was able to boot off the live cd. This evening when trying to do a full install on another machine the keyboard continually fails at the language setup screen. Let me know if this is common and if there is a fix.

Gerard
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Trouble with Keyboard /Mouse during install

Post by EmuandCo »

If these devices are USB then the only fix is wait a lil longer till the new USB stack is merged OR try USB compatibility mode in BIOS
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Reziac

Post by Reziac »

I had an interesting experience with that today. Didn't realise USB doesn't entirely work. Dell Inspiron 50x with only USB mouse and keyboard (no PS/2 ports). Today's build, Live In RAM:

Mouse didn't work at all.

Keyboard partly worked. I could type, select stuff with Tab (tho not everything), use the Start menu, and so on. Alt-F4 to close worked on some things and not others, or would only work on 2nd attempt. It was good enough to scrape by with if you had to.

I was all happy-joy regardless, because this was the FIRST TIME ROS HAS EVER RUN FOR ME!!!! :mrgreen:
LuxenDM

Post by LuxenDM »

Does Alt-Shift-Numberpad open up the mousekeys accessibility feature?