Install Visual Studio 2008 from DVD

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

still_dreaming_1

Install Visual Studio 2008 from DVD

Post by still_dreaming_1 »

I'm not sure how to install software that comes on a CD / DVD. In some cases I can open the disk and then see an autorun.inf file, but I can't get it to autorun. I can look at the contents of that file and then figure out what is supposed to run. But then other times, like with VS2008, I can't see anything on the disk except a text file. If I right click on the disk drive, the top options are open and explore, but they both only explore, as in no autorun.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Install Visual Studio 2008 from DVD

Post by dizt3mp3r »

A lot more information required... is this just a general chat or are you trying to raise a potential issue? IF so you will need to provide all the usual information required to help us help/ bugfix. There is a bug raising system called Jira which you can search and utilise to see if this has happened before. Even if just a general chat we'd need to know a lot more before we can even start to assist. You have raised issues before?

Have a read here: https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.