Kingston USB stick, Access 2007

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrfrisky330

Kingston USB stick, Access 2007

Post by mrfrisky330 »

Hello!

Am very excited about this project will mean the end of Microsofts illegal monopoly on OS :D

Installed on a test computer, but my Kingston memory sticks (G3 and G4) don't work, neither did the Intel network card of which (ironically) the drivers I have on a USB stick.

Is there anyway to get the sticks to work with the latest Alpha version?
Installed Office 2007, Word and Excel seemed fine (which they weren't using Wine on Linux) but Access 2007 and Outlook 2007 keep displaying a message saying MSVCR80.dll is missing.

I take it that is to be expected at such an early stage in the projects development, but working USB sticks would be lovely :)
dizt3mp3r

Re: Kingston USB stick, Access 2007

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Please read the installation instructions first.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
mrfrisky330

Post by mrfrisky330 »

What instructions?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The installation instructions, those that you might expect with any piece of software, equipment, IKEA chest of drawers, model kit, RC car &c.

They would be found by typing "Reactos installation instructions" into Google or by following the link on the download page.

Here is the link so that you don't have to do any of that. https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_ReactOS

See the bit about USB.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
middings

Post by middings »

I like to narrow my searches for ReactOS information to the ReactOS.org site itself.
I prefix my Bing search strings with site:reactos.org --this also works on other search engines.
milon

Post by milon »

Don't use the latest alpha - use the latest daily build. The latest alpha is already fairly obsolete.