Help! Does the debug log contain jibberish or not?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

oldman

Help! Does the debug log contain jibberish or not?

Post by oldman »

I have installed (with no problems) revision 74470 on my Dell Dimension 2400, but booting into second stage, I get a bsod. Looking through the log file, I see what looks like jibberish in places. Does anyone who understands these debug logs, know if, a) it is normal output now, or, b) it is a sign of faulty hardware?
This is what I mean " SB] toble prl!" and "ctCuratFun 0 eted". It does not look normal to me!

This is the last part of the debug log:

Code: Select all

WARNING:  RtlCreateTagHeap at sdk/lib/rtl/heap.c:3873 is UNIMPLEMENTED!
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:l/m3/s.c:1Loa \SyRootem3ivedparys a5AFithages
(ntoskrl/iomgr/nit5) IenRryKe) f fo45a174d0-b60a07da}th s 0x003toskio//drc:75opOgistyExiled '{7a0--11fe-090f' witatc0
(nrnl/omgver.0) enReryK) f for45a74d30-b0a0c7dath ss eng
(rs/usbcdo.c) [GP] ctCuratFun 0 eted
(drivers/hiusbsb.c6) s 0
(drivers/hid/hidusb/sb.c6) SB]  toble  prl!
vers/uspdo.7) _INTL_UBMI Funn 2 IMPNTED(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\system32\drives
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgrnit.5) enReryK) fa fo45a174d0-b60a07da}th s 0x003toskio//dric:7opOgistyExile '{77a0-11dfe-90f' wtatc00
(nrnlomgver.0) enReryK) fa fo45a74d30-b0a0c7dath s 0x003rivesb/gp/p:73SBCCSelnfigiotGctCouraFunc 1 Ceted(drivers/hid/usb/sb.6) s 0
(drivers/hid/hidusb/sb.c6) SB]  toble  prl!
ver/usbpdo7) I_INL_USBMI Funn 2 IMPNTED(base/system/autochoch49) CHKckin?\Cdk/slibtlick/i233sConFilaileth s 0x0022(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mouhid.sys at F8593000 with b pages

*** Assertion failed: Buttons > 0
***   Source File: /srv/buildbot/Build_GCCLin_x86/build/reactos/drivers/hid/mouhid/mouhid.c, line 867

Break repeatedly, break Once, Ignore, terminate Process or terminate Thread (boipt)? 
kdb:> 
Also, I was unable to type bt at the prompt, from either computer.

If it is a sign that the hardware is packing up, then there is no need to create a debug Issue, and I have another computer to get rid of!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
middings

Re: Help! Does the debug log contain jibberish or not?

Post by middings »

I have not tried r74470 myself but the debug log you captured looks like jibberish to me. My guess is that your serial I/O connection is affected by electronic noise, the data rate is too high, or the serial port settings on your two computers don't match. Check the settings of the serial I/O on the host and target computers. If they are correct, try another cable.
snakeros

Post by snakeros »

I think you missed some bit =0
Have you checked the cable?
Cheers
oldman

Post by oldman »

Thanks middings.

I checked the settings in Control panel; the Baud rate was wrong at 9600, so I set that to 115200. The Flow control was set to XON/XOFF, so I set that to Hardware. All the other settings were correct according to https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Debugging. I have never had to change anything before in the OS settings, but I am having to use a 20 year old computer with Windows ME installed, as the receiving computer, which I have never used it for that purpose before.

I collected a new debug log, but I still can see a section where there is some gibberish.

I am now re-formatting drive C: on the test computer, but whilst typing commands it was displaying double characters on some keystrokes. So I still suspect faulty hardware.

These are the last two computers with serial ports, so if one packs in, then I cannot get any more debug reports!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
middings

Post by middings »

Oldman, I am pleased to have been of some help.

I experimented with different flow control settings during my first attempts to get ReactOS debug logs. Software flow control using XON/XOFF worked suited my PCs and serial null modem cable better than hardware flow control. When I used hardware flow control, glitches would occasionally creep into the data I captured with PuTTY. I also saw glitches when I typed. This surprised me. I had expected hardware flow control to be the most robust choice. I have been using XON/XOFF ever since.