how do i see what network card i use?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

romulo27

how do i see what network card i use?

Post by romulo27 »

im using a laptop, that like, uhh has EVERY PIECE SEALED TO EACHOTHER and i cannot open it, is there any other method? tried using hiren`s bootcd and see what network card driver it uses to make internet on my laptop work, but apparently its a windows PE driver, not a real windows driver, and that will never work on reactOS

im thinking about reinstalling windows xp back on my laptop to see what network driver it used
hbelusca
Developer

Re: how do i see what network card i use?

Post by hbelusca »

Hi, what do you mean by a "Windows PE driver" (wrt. "real Windows driver")?
EDIT: s/normal/real/
Last edited by hbelusca on Tue May 23, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
middings

Post by middings »

All I know about the Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) is what I read on the Internet. I thought WinPE, like BartPE and HBCD, used the same drivers that Microsoft Windows uses.

If a Web search cannot reveal the specifications of remolo27's laptop, a LiveCD of Linux or a reinstallation of Windows might be necessary. Scanning the hardware of a PC that lacks an OS is a job that the rumored ReactOS hybrid .iso on a USB disk could accomplish with the aid of CPUID or similar program.
Zombiedeth

Post by Zombiedeth »

You could use the trial version of AIDA64 to detect what nic it uses.

https://www.aida64.com/
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

romulo27 wrote:like, uhh
You do realise that it is not necessary to place spoken colloquialisms into text, it just confuses.

"I'm using a laptop that has..." would do and you could then save those extra letters for sentences elsewhere or perhaps for some punctuation in your posts.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

Zombiedeth wrote:You could use the trial version of AIDA64 to detect what nic it uses.

https://www.aida64.com/
thanks
middings wrote:All I know about the Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) is what I read on the Internet. I thought WinPE, like BartPE and HBCD, used the same drivers that Microsoft Windows uses.

If a Web search cannot reveal the specifications of remolo27's laptop, a LiveCD of Linux or a reinstallation of Windows might be necessary. Scanning the hardware of a PC that lacks an OS is a job that the rumored ReactOS hybrid .iso on a USB disk could accomplish with the aid of CPUID or similar program.
apparently it doesnt on reactOS, i already installed the driver, and reactOS just "wlan device not found"