[0.4.5] previous keyboard settings ignored after reboot

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

ruk1n

[0.4.5] previous keyboard settings ignored after reboot

Post by ruk1n »

Hello,

I'm using the 0.4.5 VirtualBox VM I downloaded from reactos.org yesterday.
Everything seems OK *but* the keyboard settings : after setting the keyboard to french azerty it works fine. But after reboot, keyboard returns to its qwerty setting :(
Am I missing something ?
Thanks in advance for your help :)
--
ruk1n
middings

Re: [0.4.5] previous keyboard settings ignored after reboot

Post by middings »

Thank you for experimenting with ReactOS.

I used the Search feature of ReactOS project's bug tracker (JIRA). A search of all unresolved issues that included the words "keyboard" and "reboot" returned no issues that match your support request.

Congratulations, ruk1n, you may have found an undiscovered bug in ReactOS. Please log in to JIRA and report this bug. Log in with your ReactOS forum credentials and create a new issue. Use the "Create" button at the top of the JIRA screen. "Previous keyboard settings ignored after reboot" is a good summary. You can use your earlier post as the description of the issue you create. Any field that you don't understand you may leave blank. A developer (dev) will complete them for you later.

I look forward to seeing your bug report in the ReactOS JIRA. I hope the bug can be corrected soon. However the devs are very busy so please be patient.
grumly

Post by grumly »

I think the issue has been reported here https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-11785 I'm not sure that it's a problem with rebooting because if you add other keyboard layouts and exit the keyboard layout program and reopen it, apparently it's already reverted to the previous default layout even though the layout is fine. I looked at the code and there's an empty switch case with a FIXME inside, so I guess someone is aware about it.

At the moment I guess it's better to install Reactos in your language with the bootcd rather than downloading the preinstalled version in english. If you install Reactos with your language, it's the right keyboard layout.
ruk1n

Post by ruk1n »

Thank you for the answers
--
ruk1n