during installation, unable to load c_437.nls, driver issues

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

giganitris

during installation, unable to load c_437.nls, driver issues

Post by giganitris »

Happy to see that version 0.4.5 had come out, and that my video card is just supported enough to actually display something, I gave installation a try, but I got an error message saying that it's unable to load multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(111)\ReactOS\System32\c_437.nls , followed by a long list of drivers that the system is unable to load (using the C:\ filename path over the disk()multi()cdrom() path), including nmidebug.sys, blue.sys and the usb*.sys files. This is kinda disappointing to me, as I was pretty excited about this. I'm not sure how to produce a backtrace.

My system is an Acer Aspire X (AXC-603-EB11):
Intel j2900 processor
Intel HD Graphics card
1TB HDD
8GB ram
It has a wireless card and dvd drive as well.

ROS release version 0.4.5, boot CD.
middings

Re: during installation, unable to load c_437.nls, driver is

Post by middings »

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(111)\ReactOS\System32\c_437.nls ? Sounds like a live cd for me and not a installation.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

giganitris wrote: I was pretty excited about this.
Not always good to get excited as it raises your expectations, best to lower those expectations, rein in that excitement and be realistic. Running on real hardware is bound to have a problem at this stage of development, test it in a virtual environment and be happy that it works there first, then tentatively install on real hardware and worry not if it fails.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
giganitris

Post by giganitris »

I can't produce a backtrace through either of those guides since I can't choose to boot ROS in screen mode nor do I have two computers with serial cables. I wonder if I could find another way, so I can get a little more info about what's happening.

I tested out the CD in a VM, and it gave me the blue setup installation screen, so (I think) it's the installation CD.

Thanks for the warning on getting excited, though computers naturally excite me. I think it's clear that the OS isn't compatible with my hardware, but what part of my hardware is it not compatible with? I'd like to help development so that my system does become compatible eventually.
oldman

Post by oldman »

giganitris wrote:I can't produce a backtrace through either of those guides since I can't choose to boot ROS in screen mode nor do I have two computers with serial cables. I wonder if I could find another way, so I can get a little more info about what's happening.
Try the latest debug ISO from https://www.reactos.org/getbuilds/ and if the first stage of the installation is successful, then choose debug to file. Then you will have to recover the log using a Linux livecd. It will be called debug.log. You will not be able to get a back trace.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
giganitris

Post by giganitris »

The first part doesn't complete, unfortunately.