[RESOLVED] Userinit failed to start the installer !

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

AndyDeveloper

[RESOLVED] Userinit failed to start the installer !

Post by AndyDeveloper »

Welcome!
Today i made a Virtual Machine where ReactOS will be running in VMware Workstation 12 PRO.
I put the ISO in, when it booted i selected "LiveCD". After it really booted in to the GUI i set up my settings (Language: English | Keyboard layout: US) and clicked "Next". After that i ran ReactOS live form the CD and it worked fine, i restarted, did the same steps and selected "Install ReactOS", after that it showed a message saying: "Userinit failed to start the installer !".
Here is an image: [img]http://i.imgur.com/TGzBB4u.png[img]
^> If the image is not displayed corectly, visit http://i.imgur.com/TGzBB4u.png .
Last edited by AndyDeveloper on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: When i install: "Userinit failed to start the installer

Post by hbelusca »

Hi, and welcome!
The procedure you've tried here to attempt to install ReactOS here doesn't work because this graphical version of the installer doesn't exist *yet*. The only solution you have so far, for installing ReactOS, is to download the separate "bootcd" (which is just an installation ISO) and install ReactOS. The first stage of the installation goes in text-mode, then it reboots into graphics mode.
AndyDeveloper

Post by AndyDeveloper »

hbelusca wrote:Hi, and welcome!
The procedure you've tried here to attempt to install ReactOS here doesn't work because this graphical version of the installer doesn't exist *yet*. The only solution you have so far, for installing ReactOS, is to download the separate "bootcd" (which is just an installation ISO) and install ReactOS. The first stage of the installation goes in text-mode, then it reboots into graphics mode.
Ok, i will try that and if it's good i will announce you.
AndyDeveloper

Post by AndyDeveloper »

AndyDeveloper wrote:
hbelusca wrote:Hi, and welcome!
Ok, i will try that and if it's good i will announce you.
Ok! It worked! Thanks a lot!
danila-kondr

Re: [RESOLVED] Userinit failed to start the installer !

Post by danila-kondr »

Will be released the full-graphic installation for ReactOS?
hbelusca
Developer

Re: [RESOLVED] Userinit failed to start the installer !

Post by hbelusca »

danila-kondr wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:25 am Will be released the full-graphic installation for ReactOS?
It is currently work in progress by me (see the last line in the section "Changes planned (2018)" of https://reactos.org/wiki/0.5.0 ).