VMWare 12 and ReactOS

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

llloyd4

VMWare 12 and ReactOS

Post by llloyd4 »

So I was going to play around a bit with ReactOS in a virtual machine using VMWare 12 just to get a feel for it. So I setup the virtual machine, give it 60gb of space, 1 virtual processor with 4 cores, 2gb of memory, etc. I boot into the virtual machine, it loads up the setup, and the setup pukes part way in as it can't detect a hard drive. I check the settings, it says there is a 60gb virtual hdd is available to it. So I am at a loss, I can get Linux running on it as well as Windows but ReactOS is like "Nope!" . >.<
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: VMWare 12 and ReactOS

Post by EmuandCo »

If you would tell us for which OS you made the VM and with which standard the VHDD is attached, we might even be able to help you...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
middings

Post by middings »

llloyd4

Post by llloyd4 »

@Middings Oh! How bizarre. Ok, cool. That solves this problem. Now I got it installed it boots up seemingly fine, even got the ReactOS logo and all that but it eventually goes to a blank screen. O.o Might have the resolution set to high and the start button (if there is one? ) might be off screen.