net framwork 4 installation bug HRESULT 0x80004004

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

React-ozination

net framwork 4 installation bug HRESULT 0x80004004

Post by React-ozination »

there is problem of installing netframwork 4, here is the full log of the process

i cant put the full log here , because it says:-
Your message contains 139984 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
so i have uploaded the txt to this ink (it expires within 24 hours)

https://dropfile.to/8OeKAuS

if there is anyway that i can put the full txt here , it would be much useful.

(tried to register inside Jira , but i couldnt so i wonder if there is a request for it)

Thanks
hbelusca
Developer

Re: net framwork 4 installation bug HRESULT 0x80004004

Post by hbelusca »

According to your log (MS .net 4 setup install log), the setup program does several checks for possible (optional?) components (that do not exist on ReactOS). It looks like it actually is ok, until it tries (possibly because of ReactOS not having this feature) to download some extra stuff:

Code: Select all

[6/24/2017, 1:59:32]Downloading http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/ to C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAUL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\RGB9RAST_x86.msi
[6/24/2017, 1:59:33] Action: Downloading http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164172&clcid=0x409 using BITS
and then the download seems to hang for whatever reason, and the setup is cancelled (either by you the user, or automatically). I'm wondering if this installer program succeeds on Wine.
React-ozination

hbelusca wrote:According to your log (MS .net 4 setup install log), the setup program does several checks for possible (optional?) components (that do not exist on ReactOS). It looks like it actually is ok, until it tries (possibly because of ReactOS not having this feature) to download some extra stuff:

Code: Select all

[6/24/2017, 1:59:32]Downloading http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/ to C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAUL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\RGB9RAST_x86.msi
[6/24/2017, 1:59:33] Action: Downloading http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164172&clcid=0x409 using BITS
and then the download seems to hang for whatever reason, and the setup is cancelled (either by you the user, or automatically). I'm wondering if this installer program succeeds on Wine.
i c , well may i ask if u can open a ticket inside Jira and upload the logs for them. i think it will be useful ticket because i cant do that.

Thanks
oldman

Post by oldman »

React-ozination,
Can you log into JIRA Dashboard? If you can, then you should be able to create your own JIRA Issue. Please try again and report back here.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
React-ozination

oldman wrote:React-ozination,
Can you log into JIRA Dashboard? If you can, then you should be able to create your own JIRA Issue. Please try again and report back here.

well actually there are 3 options:-

1- request my username and pass = i dont have yet

2- "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators." when i press on that it says "Your JIRA administrator has not yet configured this contact form."

3- "Can't access your account?" well i dont have an account in the first place.

so how to register there ?

https://jira.reactos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
florian

Post by florian »

As far as I know your JIRA-account is your account of our forum. Thus you should be already able to log into JIRA.
React-ozination

florian wrote:As far as I know your JIRA-account is your account of our forum. Thus you should be already able to log into JIRA.
tried to login with my account here but it says:-

Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.
oldman

Post by oldman »

React-ozination wrote:
oldman wrote:React-ozination,
well actually there are 3 options:-

1- request my username and pass = i don't have yet

2- "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators." when i press on that it says "Your JIRA administrator has not yet configured this contact form."

3- "Can't access your account?" well i don't have an account in the first place.

so how to register there ?

https://jira.reactos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Your forum username and password are used to log into JIRA. You do not need a new username or password! Some people experience difficulty logging into JIRA when they first create a forum account, but eventually, after several days, they can log in. You have only had an account for 5 days, so try again tomorrow!
React-ozination

oldman wrote:
Your forum username and password are used to log into JIRA. You do not need a new username or password! Some people experience difficulty logging into JIRA when they first create a forum account, but eventually, after several days, they can log in. You have only had an account for 5 days, so try again tomorrow!
still not working ...

actually as i can c there is no way that u can have jira account from there.
middings

Re: net framework 4 installation bug HRESULT 0x80004004

Post by middings »

React-ozination, please use decent English spelling, grammar, and punctuation in this forum and JIRA. Avoid slang and text messaging style abbreviations. You're being rude to others in the ReactOS community who do not speak English as their first language.

The ReactOS JIRA should accept your ReactOS forum user credentials.
React-ozination

middings wrote:React-ozination, please use decent English spelling, grammar, and punctuation in this forum and JIRA. Avoid slang and text messaging style abbreviations. You're being rude to others in the ReactOS community who do not speak English as their first language.

The ReactOS JIRA should accept your ReactOS forum user credentials.
sorry if i used any improper word, i think just some users got my message the wrong way on another post. but im not here to have problems with anyone.

i hope my account will work soon so i can give all related feedback on the bug.

Thanks.
React-ozination

Well until now i cant login inside jira , well any admin can help me out ?

Thanks
middings

Post by middings »

I take it you went to https://jira.reactos.org/login.jsp (or a similar ReactOS JIRA login page) then entered the same user name and password that you use for logging in to this ReactOS Forum.

If trying to log in using that web page fails for you, then you will have to wait a while longer. At the time I write this, the time is almost 2 AM on Friday, July 7 where the servers are located. Please be patient.

P.S. You gave this topic a good name. The name identifies the circumstances in which the bug is seen and also includes a prominent effect of the bug. If someone else encounters a similar bug and searches the ReactOS forum, then this topic will probably be found. Just one thing, 'framework' is misspelled in the topic name. I fixed the spelling in my replies here so search strings that include 'framework' will find this topic.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Microsoft's .NET Framework 4 requires Windows XP Service Pack 3, but ReactOS reports Service Pack 2. Is this the reason for the failure?

As for logging into JIRA, it is over 2 weeks since the Original Poster created an account, so by now everything should be operable!
middings

Post by middings »

oldman wrote:Microsoft's .NET Framework 4 requires Windows XP Service Pack 3, but ReactOS reports Service Pack 2.
ReactOS reports Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, IIRC. That is the rough equivalent of Windows XP SP3 for Server 2003. Most things that require Windows XP SP3 also accept Windows Server 2003 SP2. As it happens, the download page for .NET Framework 4 lists Windows Server 2003 SP2 in the System Requirements section.

As always, Microsoft's EULA must be read carefully and complied with before attempting to install Microsoft software for use with ReactOS.
As for logging into JIRA, it is over 2 weeks since the Original Poster created an account, so by now everything should be operable!
True. Yet it is possible the JIRA administrator is unaware there is a problem for this one user. I just wanted to make sure the OP had actually tried to log in yesterday, sometimes people are waiting around to be told to try again all the while assuming that their problem hasn't been fixed. (I've been fooled by that before.)