msvcp80.dll occupies wrong memory space

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

DragonSky

msvcp80.dll occupies wrong memory space

Post by DragonSky »

When I don't mess around with various Linux distros or other OSes, I play League of Legends(got Silver V yesterday, woo). And since I had a ReactOS VM from a while ago, I wanted to see how much would League crash, freeze or simply refuse to work on said VM.

Last night I installed a r75210 build on VirtualBox then added Firefox 45 and the VM Guest Additions(then I had to restart at least 3 times because it wouldn't get out of 256 color mode). After that I downloaded League and Visual C++ 2005(from the ReactOS App Manager). But the patcher wouldn't start. It shows the logo and then disappears. The debug logs showed nothing(besides a million "GdiAlphaBlend failed: 5" errors from the moment the desktop loads - is that a known bug?). Then I remembered the patcher also has an Administrator executable, but that one throws this error:

EDIT: The image cuts off, open it in a new tab to see it completely.

[ external image ]

I tried two VC++ 2005 versions, one from ReactOS Applications Manager and one from the Microsoft website. Both throw this error, so it must be something inside ReactOS that breaks.

PuTTY log file:http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4442353118

Also, should I make a bug report about this on JIRA? Or is it something out of the devs' focus right now?
oldman

Re: msvcp80.dll occupies wrong memory space

Post by oldman »

Also, should I make a bug report about this on JIRA?
Yes.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
DragonSky

Re: msvcp80.dll occupies wrong memory space

Post by DragonSky »

OK, I'll write it up now.

EDIT: Done, CORE-13493