How to change password

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

ROCKNROLLKID

How to change password

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

I must be blind or something, but I looked everywhere and even tried the password reset thing, but I don't see a way to change my password. I looked all over in profile settings. Am I not just seeing it? Can someone tell me what I need t do?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: How to change password

Post by EmuandCo »

ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Thanks. That worked.
middings

Post by middings »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote:I must be blind or something, but I looked everywhere and even tried the password reset thing, but I don't see a way to change my password. I looked all over in profile settings.
You're not blind. The password change facility is well hidden. I expected it to be in the forum's User Control Panel (see link at the top of this page). It is not there. Eventually I remembered that many websites put a link to their user account management (account settings) features somewhere on the site's home page. I went to the ReactOS.org home page (see the "ReactOS" and "Back to Website" links at the top of this page). The ReactOS web site's home page is a very busy page. It has links to many things. Maybe that is why I didn't remember that the password reset and account management facility was on the ReactOS home page.

If Emuandco is not available the next time you or I forget how to change passwords:
  1. Go to the ReactOS web site's home page, ReactOS.org.
  2. A black-colored region (or field) is located at the bottom of the home page. Scroll down to that black region of the page.
  3. If one is already logged in, the black-colored region includes a link marked "My Account" that goes to https://www.reactos.org/user. Choose the Edit tab to edit ones account settings, including ones password.
  4. If one is not yet logged in, that region has log-in fields marked "Username" and "Password". For someone who has forgotten ones password, there is a "Request new password" link. For newcomers there is a "Create new account" link.