minlearn

[BUG]copying file less than 4g(or unzipping from ar) fails

Post by minlearn »

this is the screenshot
it will hang at 10%
minlearn

Re: [BUG]copying file less than 4g(or unzipping from ar) fai

Post by minlearn »

cant upload a attachment,,where is the upload button...
middings

Post by middings »

minlearn wrote:cant upload a attachment,,where is the upload button...
Images cannot be directly uploaded to the ReactOS forums. If an image absolutely must be displayed, the workaround is to place the image file on a site that hosts image files, then provide a link to it in your forum post. Surround your link with the Img tag pair [img]link[/img] and your image will appear within your post when it is read by others.

Also, review the ReactOS forum Code of Conduct, especially #6.
minlearn

Post by minlearn »

but i assigned 6gb ram with the vm

still it cant finished the copying process
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Of course you can't. Ever heard of the 4 GB RAM limit of 32 bit OSes? And these 4 GB include all caches etc, so most times it's about 3,25 GB RAM you have. More is NOT working in ROS as it would not on XP 32 bit and even 7,8,8.1 or 10 32 bit. PAE is no solution for that btw.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

This is a naïve comment to the thread: if the copy of a file of *less than* the 4GB limit fails, this is a real error. But furthermore, even if the file was more than 4GB of size, failing to copy it is really a problem. Indeed nothing forbids you to copy it by blocks of less than 4GB each, and you would copy as many blocks as needed to reconstitute your very large file.
I guess that performing this operation under WinXP x86 on a machine with less than 4GB should not fail either.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

32bit XP would also fail in this case. I have experience of this occurring. As ReactOS does not yet support NTFS drives this issue should be expected. The limit in my case was caused by the FAT32 file allocation table though the reason why it failed in ReactOS might be caused by something else, it would still ultimately fail due to the FAT32 limit.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.