ReactOS 0.4.5 won’t login

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vladimir-Suzdal

ReactOS 0.4.5 won’t login

Post by Vladimir-Suzdal »

Reproduction steps.

1.Install ReactOS

2. Leave no administrator password at the wizard when the first time ReactOS is started

3. After restart, ReactOS shows Login dialog, the user name is Administrator, click OK button does not rsponce

4. Restart again and Login dialog still no responce

Note: I installed ReactOS in both VMPlayer and VBox, and the problem looks the same. Formatting C: drive and installing 0.4.6 RC doesn’t solve the problem.
Fraizeraust

Re: ReactOS 0.4.5 won’t login

Post by Fraizeraust »

You can fill a JIRA report about this case here. The developers will then take care of this when it's needed.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
Vladimir-Suzdal

Fraizeraust wrote:You can fill a JIRA report about this case here. The developers will then take care of this when it's needed.
So is there anyway to reset the administrator password without login?
Vladimir-Suzdal

Yeah, I'm already reported.

https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-13709
Fraizeraust

Post by Fraizeraust »

Two hints I would like to recommend for you while creating a JIRA report:

1. Fix Version/s is used to judge in which the next version release of ReactOS the bug is fixed. Usually developers and/or responsible members of ROS JIRA take care of this. You posted it as 0.4.5 assuming the bug is already fixed within the version 0.4.5 of ReactOS. Remove that.

2. Sometimes a debug log of the bug is a necessity for developers to track out the culprit and the root cause of the situation. See Debugging for more information on how to do so.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
Vladimir-Suzdal

Fraizeraust wrote:Two hints I would like to recommend for you while creating a JIRA report:

1. Fix Version/s is used to judge in which the next version release of ReactOS the bug is fixed. Usually developers and/or responsible members of ROS JIRA take care of this. You posted it as 0.4.5 assuming the bug is already fixed within the version 0.4.5 of ReactOS. Remove that.

2. Sometimes a debug log of the bug is a necessity for developers to track out the culprit and the root cause of the situation. See Debugging for more information on how to do so.
Thank you.