ReactOS dosn't connect to new router (but still to old one)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

matthiasbasler

ReactOS dosn't connect to new router (but still to old one)

Post by matthiasbasler »

Hi all,

since my old DSL router is slowly dying I bought a new one (Telekom Speedport Smart). It works on Windows, but when I did test for an (unrelated) driver issue in ReactOS (nightly build) on real hardware today I noticed there is no internet connectivity. I cannot even reach the router itself via the LAN cable. I correctly guessed the reason for this would be the new router, attached the 10 years old one and suddenly RAPPS would be able to connect to the internet again.

I admit I am not an expert in network configuration, so my question is: Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this?
Do new routers use different LAN connection settings not supported by ROS (yet)? Is the LAN too fast now? Just guessing...
The network driver from WinXP age is installed on the notebook, otherwise I would not have been able to connect to the old router. ReactOS in VBox is unaffected (works).

Matthias
nat32support

Re: ReactOS dosn't connect to new router (but still to old o

Post by nat32support »

since my old DSL router is slowly dying I bought a new one (Telekom Speedport Smart). It works on Windows, but when I did test for an (unrelated) driver issue in ReactOS (nightly build) on real hardware today I noticed there is no internet connectivity. I cannot even reach the router itself via the LAN cable. I correctly guessed the reason for this would be the new router, attached the 10 years old one and suddenly RAPPS would be able to connect to the internet again
You might like to try configuring ReactOS to use a fixed IP address, Gateway and DNS address on the LAN adapter. That way, you would get around DHCP compatibility issues.
Also, it could be a VLAN issue, since it's a Telekom router. Perhaps this link will help?

https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Tele ... -p/1305788