Can't Install Google Chrome

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

djjd47130

Can't Install Google Chrome

Post by djjd47130 »

Okay surely I'm not the first person who's tried. I also assume that the latest version(s) of Chrome use some method of installation which is not yet supported in ReactOS.

When I try to run the installer, it simply fails to connect to the internet. It tries for about 30 seconds and then gives up.
Konata

Re: Can't Install Google Chrome

Post by Konata »

There's several reasons it won't work any time soon. Among other things simply not working in ReactOS, Chrome hasn't supported Windows XP for years now.
djjd47130

Post by djjd47130 »

Konata wrote:There's several reasons it won't work any time soon. Among other things simply not working in ReactOS, Chrome hasn't supported Windows XP for years now.
Indeed, I didn't realize the Jira site at first. Found all sorts of reports there.
middings

Post by middings »

A support request should include a step-by-step description of what was done, the expected result, and the result that occurred.
A support request for application software installation or use with ReactOS must also include a description of what happened when the application software was installed or used with Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Be sure to identify the edition of Windows used and if the application was tried on a fresh, clean installation of Windows or not.
A good support request includes all the information necessary for someone else to reproduce your problem.
If you followed a set of instructions, state where you found those instructions. If the instructions came from a web page, provide a link (URL) to the web page with those instructions.
A support request should also include a description of the hardware and software used. Describe them as precisely as possible. Include links to the hardware manufacturer's specifications page and to the download page of application software (as applicable). If using virtual machine (VM) software to run ReactOS, identify the VM and the settings used.

If ReactOS displayed its bug check screen (BSOD) then provide a debug backtrace. The first post of the topic "[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!" describes how to do this by taking a digital picture of the computer's screen.

Search the World Wide Web for general advice about how to report bugs effectively then follow that advice as best you can.