VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Norge100
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:32 pm

VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by Norge100 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 am

When i added a USB support, it's came up BSOD when bootup is finish. If i remove USB support, it's run perfectly. How i can fix this?

mrmajik45
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 am
Location: USA, Indiana
Contact:

Re: VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by mrmajik45 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

We don't support USB that much right now. Sorry
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC

EmuandCo
Developer
Posts: 4181
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria, Steinfeld
Contact:

Re: VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by EmuandCo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

By testing the experimental USB stack builds with Vgal's work in it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/reacto ... 8-CLT2018/
Image
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

ctasan
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by ctasan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Daily builds shouldn't crash with USB 2.0 ports (except some intermittent crashes) enabled. If the crash is persistent and reproducable, please file a bug report.

Norge100
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Re: VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by Norge100 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 pm

ctasan wrote:Daily builds shouldn't crash with USB 2.0 ports (except some intermittent crashes) enabled. If the crash is persistent and reproducable, please file a bug report.
All USB Type will crash

ctasan
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: VMware crahsed when USB Port support

Post by ctasan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 am

Norge100 wrote:
ctasan wrote:Daily builds shouldn't crash with USB 2.0 ports (except some intermittent crashes) enabled. If the crash is persistent and reproducable, please file a bug report.
All USB Type will crash
Then you need to take a debug log and report it.

middings
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: VMware crashed when USB Port support

Post by middings » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Poor USB support in ReactOS is a known problem. Make that many known problems. Laptop and notebook computers often use USB connections for their keyboards and mouse pads.

Please avoid making bug reports that duplicate existing bug reports.
Last edited by middings on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctasan
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: VMware crashed when USB Port support

Post by ctasan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:58 pm

middings wrote:Poor USB support in ReactOS is a known problem. Make that many known problems. Laptop and notebook computers often use USB connections for their keyboards and mouse pads.

Please avoid making bug reports that duplicate existing bug reports.
Crashes related to USB ports in VM was somewhat unusual recently. I suspect a regression here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests