[BootCD] How can I add a driver into the BootCD?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tatl

Re: [BootCD] How can I add a driver into the BootCD?

Post by Tatl »

Great!

I installed the daily 708d26a MSVC build (the GCC build is not available yet) successfully, then booted the system on the ArchLinux media and proceeded to delete the faulty driver (C:\ReactOS\system32\hdaudbus.sys).

The machine successfully booted, and is currently displaying the desktop. I can finally test it!
The only thing is that the OS reported missing drivers for 11 unknown PCI Memory devices, the Ethernet Controller, and the FireWire controller. Other than that, it's working. Should I test the XP/Server 2003 proprietary drivers on the machine?
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Yes ReactOS is supposed to support xp era drivers
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
Tatl

Post by Tatl »

Welp. I managed to install the Ethernet and SMBus Controllers despite the Executable stating the sinstallation failed.

The installation of the NVIDIA display drivers through the installer did not work, for it caused the installer to skip system requirements check, License acceptance check and displayed the Options screen with an "NVIDIA Installer failed" error.
Installing the NVIDIA driver manually seemingly worked, with the OS properly recognizing the driver, but the system would go straight to a black screen after the "ReactOS" splash screen (when rebooting). Since the VGA Mode Boot appears to be dead, I reinstalled the OS.

Anyway, I don't think this thread has a point anymore. Thank you all for your assistance!
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Your welcome. If you find any bugs while testing put them here: https://jira.reactos.org
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

GFX drivers are funny, that for sure, LAN should do the job by now already.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Tatl

Post by Tatl »

EmuandCo wrote:GFX drivers are funny, that for sure, LAN should do the job by now already.
Yes, connecting to the Internet works correctly; I managed to get New Moon running on it.

I also noticed x64 MSVC builds of ReactOS on the repository that don't boot. I've read on the probably deprecated page from the wiki that it still requires work. I guess this port isn't going to boot anytime soon?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Not yet. It progresses well, but still work to do yes
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...