Initial Install Testing System Halt

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

RiffRaff

Initial Install Testing System Halt

Post by RiffRaff »

Hello, everyone. Just downloaded 0.4.8 last night for testing purposes. Live ISO worked beautifully in a virtual environment.

Selected an older Lenovo ThinkPad T410 to conduct a full installation trial today. Installation completed with no errors, but system halts loading SWENUM.SYS on boot. System boots to Live CD perfectly fine, however. Tried to install from the Live CD, but I guess the installer package is not part of that ISO yet.

Any suggestions on next step to get this system to boot would be welcome.

Thanks,
Riff
Blitzen_Dóiteán

Re: Initial Install Testing System Halt

Post by Blitzen_Dóiteán »

One of the builds from https://sourceforge.net/projects/reacto ... 8-CLT2018/ might help. They are Vgal's USB Builds.
*blank*
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

I have this issue too. Vgal's builds didn't work
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
Fraizeraust

Post by Fraizeraust »

Blitzen_Dóiteán wrote:One of the builds from https://sourceforge.net/projects/reacto ... 8-CLT2018/ might help. They are Vgal's USB Builds.
The OP used a Live CD to boot ReactOS into his PC assuming the PC in question does have a CD-ROM reader. No need to suggest him trying Vgal's builds, unless he wants to boot from USB.

@RiffRaff: When ReactOS fails to boot or to operate it means it broke onto debugger mode either because of a bug or malfunction. For developers to understand the source of the problem, they need debug information particularly a backtrace. To do so, this little guide might help you.

By the way, this topic is mainly related with the Support forum, ain't it? This should be moved.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page