Project Install ReactOS 4.9 on a ThinkPad T23 instead of WindowsXP

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Panopticom

Re: Project Install ReactOS 4.9 on a ThinkPad T23 instead of WindowsXP

Post by Panopticom »

One more update: someone posted under the video that I should use "screen" option when booting for sound... and it did work (partially).

I got nice sound with Diablo II (but the game did hang when trying o load the first level) and the Penguin game got sound but with some lag or distortions some times (might be because the laptop is so slow). VLC and Winamp did not load.

What is this 'screen' mode doing?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Panopticom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 pmand the Penguin game got sound but with some lag or distortions some times (might be because the laptop is so slow).
I think it's a known bug in portcls.sys - CORE-13490.
Panopticom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 pmWhat is this 'screen' mode doing?
This mode enables kernel debugger and allows it to use your screen as output.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

Panopticom wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 pm What is this 'screen' mode doing?
The screen debug mode launch the debugger console on the background, you cannot see the debug logs unless you hit TAB+K on your keyboard, but after doing that you cannot get back to the system, it is useful when you are reproducing crashes as you can see the log before the crash happens.

The ideal scenario is mixing the screen debug mode with the text file debug mode, as the debugger can launch both at the same time, you get a way to see what is happening on the system, that is the way I use on my laptop and let me report a lot of bugs with proper debug logs.