cant run gitlab-runner on reactos

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Count_S

cant run gitlab-runner on reactos

Post by Count_S »

Hi!
May be I'm missing something... When trying to run gitlab-runner, it can't register runner on server with error:
failed to find ConnectEx: WSAEINVAL - An invalid argument was supplied.

Is there any way to make it work?
dizt3mp3r

Re: cant run gitlab-runner on reactos

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Are you missing the fact that ReactOS is in alpha? That it should be expected for it to not work?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Count_S

Post by Count_S »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm Are you missing the fact that ReactOS is in alpha?
I'm Ok with it.

My question was about public knowledge - may be some one somehow managed to run this tool. May be I need to have some extra dlls or something.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Though I'm not familiar with it, gitlab-runner appears to be a fairly complex program.

The error you're seeing is related to invalid arguments supplied to the socket, or due to an invalid state of the socket itself.

ROS's networking support is basic, but functional; large or complex networking operations are likely to cause issues.

There's no evidence that gitlab-runner can't be run on XP, so assuming that it would work, this is likely an issue in ROS's socket implementation. To be any more specific, I'd need to see log files.
Count_S

Post by Count_S »

gitlab-runner is a simple tool itself

where to get required logs?
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

gitlab-runner may have a simple interface and be simple to use, but it is not a simple program in the grand scheme of things. Heck, it includes it's own HTTP server.

So, I found a few things:
You can run gitlab-runner with a -debug flag for more verbose output.
It also appears to send it's logs to the Application Logs in Event Viewer.
Count_S

Post by Count_S »

karlexceed wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:01 pm It also appears to send it's logs to the Application Logs in Event Viewer.
nothing there.

debug adds nothing
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

The only other thing I can suggest to get more information would be to follow these instructions (assuming you're running in VBox):
https://reactos.org/wiki/VirtualBox#Get ... bug_output