ROS 4.10/4.11 hang on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Walt

ROS 4.10/4.11 hang on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Post by Walt »

Dell Dimension 3000, 2 G memory, 2 GHz processor Intel chipset. USB disabled & no USB devices. 75 G HDD.

This machine was shipped with XP and I booted that system before installing ROS from a boot CD onto another (real) HDD. The install seemed fine. Gee this system is FAST.

I tried various things a dozen or so times. TWICE I got an error message "PageFile.sys Filesize 2,145,419,364 cluster chain length is 0 bytes."

When I try the boot in screen mode it winds up with:

"Assertion failed: j<32:878 SMSS:PFile OpenVolume ' \??\D:\' failed with Source File:/srv/buildbot/

Build_GCCLin_x86_Release/build/hal/halx86/generic/bios.c, line 4034 cycles!"

Suggestions?

TIA ...
oldman

Re: ROS 4.10/4.11 hang on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Post by oldman »

I would like to establish if you have completed all the installation steps.
There are basically three stages.

First stage:
1. It loads itself into memory.
2. It asks for a language.
3. It then asks if you want to accept 'processor' 'language' 'screen resolution' 'keyboard'
4. It then asks which drive to install on.
5. Then gives a choice to format the drive.
6. Then gives you a choice as to install or not.
It will then start to install to the selected drive.
7. It then asks where to install bootloader.
Then it reboots.

Second stage:
In this stage there are several configuration screens and when all the configuration is done, it reboots.

Third stage:
It then boots into the desktop and you should have a working OS.

Did all these stages complete?
At what point did you get the error messages?

If you run in (Screen) mode, you should see much more debug info on the screen.

You may be asked to make a bug report (Jira Issue).

You may find it helpful to read through this.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

It looks like your BIOS is breaking an assumption baked into our HAL.

Could you try the patch linked here, and see whether it changes anything?
https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-11 ... ment-99911

Thanks.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Oldman:

"Third stage:
It then boots into the desktop and you should have a working OS."

The first two stages complete normally. When I press ENTER to do the reboot I get one of the following:

1. The message quoted before.

2. A black screen -- forever.

3. A whole cascade of disk error messages -- just got that a couple of times in a few dozen tries.

I have now done a bunch more testing -- several each with 0.4.9, 4.10, and 4.11. All of them failed in one of those ways. I noted in the 'what hardware has been found to work' that a Dimension 3000 configured generally similarly WORKED with 0.4.7 so I tried that ... it failed with a different symptom -- didn't even get to the screen that asks which flavor of ROS I wanted to run.

Further, I've watched the 'Screen' output a bunch more times: There are some messages mixed in there that look like the result of HDD errors. An option to stop on screen full and allow you to scan what you've got would be helpful. You know ... in developer spare time ...

Because this failure covers so much ground and is so early and basic, I believe my HDD IS trashed. I've used two different ones, both good in the past, did formats of both (at least one a real format rather than quick) and have no reason to suspect them now -- they've been sitting in unused machines.

ThFabba is probably right: I'm breaking some assumption. I am using a *DVD* for the image and load; does ROS assume that 'CD' always means 'Compact Disk But NOT Digital Video Disk'? I WAS able to put a bootable system on the DVD AND boot from it, right down to the 'press ENTER to reboot and start the system.'

I used a DVD because that's what I could get blank disks for at Wal-Mart but I have both kinds of drives. I will order some CD blanks today and try that. I mostly use USB thumb drives and floppies.

If I have the same problem with the real CD then I'll try ThFabba's patch suggestion. JIRA is down right now -- 504 error -- so I'll look at that when I can get to it.

My rule of thumb: Never Debug If You Can Spot A Stupid User Error.

Meanwhile and just for fun I may try to run a disk test program on one of those HDDs, post-error. IS the disk really trashed?

Thanks for the help, I'm a lot more impressed by what's working in ROS -- I got it up using a live CD (a DVD) -- than what's not. I did a decade of OS development in System 360/370 days: I KNOW what you guys and gals have accomplished.
oldman

Post by oldman »

I am using a *DVD* for the image and load; does ROS assume that 'CD' always means 'Compact Disk But NOT Digital Video Disk'? I WAS able to put a bootable system on the DVD AND boot from it, right down to the 'press ENTER to reboot and start the system.'
You should not have any problems with a DVD, both CDs and DVDs have always worked for me.

From the above quote, it seems you are getting problems at the end of the second stage. If you leave it, it will time out and automatically reboot. I don't think that if you let it auto boot, it would be any different though.

I have a few more suggestions:

1. Run in (Log file) mode and recover the log file with a Linux livecd (puppy is a good one). You will find the debug log in C:\reactos\
2. Buy a nullmodem cable and attach it to your test computer (run in (Debug) mode) and to a second one that is running putty, configuring putty to save the output to a file.

I would go with ThFabba's patch suggestion, he is a developer and I am only someone who has done some testing and bug reporting.
Last edited by oldman on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

How could ROS 4.10/4.11 hangs since it has not been released yet, we are only at 0.4.10/0.4.11 :x :roll:
middings

Re: ROS 0.4.10/0.4.11 hangs on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Post by middings »

Walt wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 am...
Quick, Walt, open your first post in this thread and edit its "Subject:" line. Do it before the people of the future find your mistake! :shock:
Walt

Re: ROS 0.4.10/0.4.11 hang on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Post by Walt »

Middings posted:

"Quick, Walt, open your first post in this thread and edit its "Subject:" line. Do it before the people of the future find your mistake! :shock:"

Only a pedant should do OS development ... it's hopeless for any other. I qualify too but I'm 80 and some matters of fanatical precision are less urgent than others. :-)

I've now done yet another bunch of testing. All of this was with 0.4.10 but others tried (earlier) gave the same end symptoms so are probably the same basic issue.

To reduce the number of variables and speed things up (formats, scans, etc.) I partitioned the HDD down to 1Gb. Still running on a Dell Dimension 3000 that has an original Dell XP (separate) HDD that runs that system just fine.

When I install ROS and then (before booting) boot some Win 98 tools from a floppy and do a SCANDISK on the HDD, pagefile.sys is reported as corrupted -- the size is wrong. I sometimes allow SCANDISK to fix this. When ROS is then booted from the (fixed?) HDD it always reports that the file system needs to be checked. SAME result as if I DON'T let SCANDISK fix the problem.

SOMETIMES when booting ROS I get the option to disallow the checking. If I do a cascade of messages that include complaints about pagefile.sys follows. Regardless of whether I get that option and regardless of how I answer, the end result is a hang.

If I then do the SCANDISK again, it again says pagefile.sys is sick.

If I go directly from installing ROS on the HDD to a boot (NO SCANDISK) the results are the same.

My conclusion is that code used for both installation and running of ROS has an error that results in an incorrect pagefile.sys -- the actual length is not the same as that recorded.

This does not seem possible -- something this basic in the downloaded code itself would likely be encountered by everyone trying to run ROS on a physical machine. So I wonder if something in the way I'm doing things is damaging the code when I load the system and the damaged code is being installed on the HDD.

I will tweak my installation process by switching to real CD install; I note Oldman's statement that DVDs also work but sometimes just changing something in the process gives helpful new installation.

Probably the next step after that is to find my null modem cable and record the log. I believe there are plenty of disk error messages in there but they go past so fast in SCREEN mode that I can't spot the first such message, let alone think about what earlier step might show an issue.
Walt

Re: ROS 0.4.10/0.4.11 hang on boot after 'Verifying the file system'

Post by Walt »

I have switched to using a real CD and also downloaded the last 0.4.10 version again. The results differ in no important way from earlier attempts.

I'll see if I can create a log file: This might take a few days. Or maybe more than one, since there seem to be multiple failure paths.

I've no idea what I'm doing that's off the beaten path. Doubtless there's a smiley for 'scratches head' but I don't know that either.
Walt

Post by Walt »

I've now -- sort of -- logged ROS booting on another machine.

The two machines are the Dell Dimension 3000 on which I have a spare HDD that I'm using for ROS and a Dell Dim 4700 that I run daily. When both run XP they can communicate over COM 1 serial ports using the ROS settings. However, when I booted an already-installed ROS from the HDD there is nothing in the resulting log file but a puTTY header line with the current date and time. It does not appear that ROS SENDS anything when told to log a boot of an already-installed system.

Then I brought up puTTY and did the install from CD for 0.4.10. There's no option about logging when you do that but it does log a whole bunch of stuff. When it reached the 'ENTER to reboot your computer' wait I closed puTTY; the result is in putty1.log. Then I restarted puTTY and pressed ENTER on the ROS machine; those results are in putty2.log.

Restarting the ROS computer and selecting 'log' got me another header-only log.

So -- other than browse them out of curiosity -- what should I do with the two log files?

Thanks again!
oldman

Post by oldman »

Walt wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm
Restarting the ROS computer and selecting 'log' got me another header-only log.

So -- other than browse them out of curiosity -- what should I do with the two log files?

Thanks again!
When using a null modem cable, the baud rate in Putty should be set to 115200 and ReactOS must be run in (Debug) mode. Have a read at this, it may help.

The logs that you already have, could be posted here in a code tag, the button looks like this </>. Then someone may be able to tell you if you need to create a Jira Issue.
Walt

Post by Walt »

I did fix one error: Reading the logs I had I found mighty complaints about USB being enabled. So I redid the log of the OS load process with USB turned off in the BIOS and that did reduce the volume of errors although there was no change in the results or in the log area that looks most suspicious to me.

Using a working XP system I have poked around on the HDD with ROS 'installed': Some of it looks about like a Win XP disk, many files are intact. Other files are just blank, some folders aren't known as such, and accessing some files gives error messages -- 'Run chkdsk.' The install-on-HDD process is clearly not working correctly.

Here's the redone (with USB support off) 'install' log. Because the forum software won't let me post all of it I took off the beginning and end. What follows is my (probably wild) guess about where the trouble shows up.

====== PCI BUS DETECTION COMPLETE =======

PC Compatible Eisa/Isa HAL Detected
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/pnpinit.c:62) WARNING!! In PiInitCacheGroupInformation, using ReactOS HACK for SETUPLDR!!
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/pnpmgr.c:3405) ZwOpenKey(\Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\Control\Pnp) failed with status 0xc0000034
(ntoskrnl/ps/apphelp.c:318) SHIMS: ApphelpCacheRead could not even open Session Manager\AppCompatCache (0xc0000034)
(sdk/lib/rtl/image.c:171) Invalid base address: 00000000
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\sacdrv' initialization failed, status (0xc0000037)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\sacdrv'
(drivers/storage/scsiport/scsiport.c:5859) ZwOpenKey() failed with Status=0xC0000034
(hal/halx86/legacy/bussupp.c:1253) Slot assignment for 5 on bus 0
(hal/halx86/legacy/bus/pcibus.c:727) WARNING: PCI Slot Resource Assignment is FOOBAR
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/iorsrce.c:874) IoReportResourceUsage is halfplemented!
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\buslogic' initialization failed, status (0xc00000c0)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\buslogic'
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:958) StorPortInitialize(B4B01CC8 F789CA4C F789C880 00000000)
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:960) HwInitializationDataSize: 84
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:961) AdapterInterfaceType: 5
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:962) HwInitialize: F7AF051C
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:963) HwStartIo: F7AF3091
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:964) HwInterrupt: F7AF166A
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:965) HwFindAdapter: F7AF3430
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:966) HwResetBus: F7AF05B3
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:967) HwDmaStarted: 00000000
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:968) HwAdapterState: 00000000
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:969) DeviceExtensionSize: 75584
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:970) SpecificLuExtensionSize: 0
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:971) SrbExtensionSize: 1320
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:972) NumberOfAccessRanges: 6
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:998) No driver object extension!
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:1010) Driver object extension created!
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:31) PortAddDriverInitData()
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:1041) StorPortInitialize() done (Status 0x00000000)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\floppy' initialization failed, status (0xc000000e)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\floppy'
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:458) DriverEntry(B4D63B90 F789CA4C)
(drivers/filesystems/fastfat/iface.c:145) FastFAT KDBG extension registered: yes
(drivers/storage/class/ramdisk/ramdisk.c:2438) FIXME: Installing from RamDisk is UNSUPPORTED!
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 0
(drivers/storage/scsiport/scsiport.c:2894) unknown ioctl code: 0x24054
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 1
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 0
(sdk/lib/rtl/actctx.c:4973) Failed to create the implicit act ctx. Status: 0xc000003a!!!
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pci.sys' for device 'PCI_HAL\PNP0A03\0'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI_HAL\PNP0A03\0' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pci.sys at F77E6000 with 12 pages
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'i8042prt.sys' for device 'Root\*PNP0303\0000'
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:148) Installing keyboard class driver for 'Root\*PNP0303\0000'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'Root\*PNP0303\0000' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\i8042prt.sys at F77FF000 with 1b pages
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pci.sys' for device 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_C2\2&b3ac4ede&1E'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_C2\2&b3ac4ede&1E' (no FDO above)
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pciide.sys' for device 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DB&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\2&b3ac4ede&3F'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DB&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\2&b3ac4ede&3F' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pciide.sys at F77DE000 with 8 pages
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pciidex.sys at F77D2000 with c pages
(hal/halx86/legacy/bus/pcibus.c:698) HAL: No PCI Resource Adjustment done! Hardware may malfunction
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'uniata.sys' for device 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&0'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&0' (no FDO above)
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'uniata.sys' for device 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&1'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&1' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 1
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:1087) Buffer size: 136
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:1121) PartitionCount: 4
(base/setup/lib/fsutil.c:201) File system not found, try to guess one...
(base/setup/lib/fsutil.c:311) GetFileSystem -- PartitionType: 0x0B ; FileSystemName (guessed): FAT
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2376) We are here (1)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2414) We are here (2)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2457) We are here (3)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2483) Found active system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2537) Use existing active system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:2667) FormatState: Start --> FormatInstallPartition
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 11f
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 11f
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:232) WARNING: Failed to lock volume for formatting! Format may fail! (Status: 0xc0000010)
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:289) Failed to umount volume (Status: 0xc0000010)
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:304) Failed to unlock volume (Status: 0xc0000010)
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2372) Use the current system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:2695) FormatState: FormatInstallPartition --> FormatDone
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:3119) CheckFileSystemPage -- PartitionType: 0x0B ; FileSystemName: FAT
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/check/io.c:249) NtFsControlFile() failed with Status 0xc0000010
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/check/io.c:227) NtFsControlFile() failed with Status 0xc0000010
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/check/io.c:249) NtFsControlFile() failed with Status 0xc0000010
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\config, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\drivers, Status 0xc0000034

... and over a screenfull more of the same.

Hope I punched the right 'code' button; Since I'm running FF on XP I don't have correct displays of the symbols.

All the help so far much appreciated!
oldman

Post by oldman »

Walt wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:42 pm Hope I punched the right 'code' button; Since I'm running FF on XP I don't have correct displays of the symbols.

All the help so far much appreciated!
No, it did not work. The log is displayed as normal.

Try editing your post by typing [ code ] at the beginning of the log and [ /code ] at the end of the log, but without any spaces between each half of the square bracket. They make a code box with scroll bars, which will then reduce the displayed size of your post.

Code: Select all

It will make a box like this and display your debug log.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Thanks for the help on this, Oldman. Here's the whole of the log from the install. There's no 'debug' option for that and since the install results in multiple badly damaged files on the disk I don't see a point in booting with the 'debug' choice.

Code: Select all

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2018.09.17 07:04:59 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
 (ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:104) -----------------------------------------------------
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:105) ReactOS 0.4.10-dev (Build 20180530-0.4.10-dev-99-gf0273d8) (Commit f0273d814e67acd4da28bf7edd3de403e62f7738)
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:106) 1 System Processor [2046 MB Memory]
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:107) Command Line: NOGUIBOOT KDSERIAL DEBUGPORT=COM1 FIRSTCHANCE
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:108) ARC Paths: multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(2) \ multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(2) \reactos\
(ntoskrnl/ke/i386/cpu.c:450) Supported CPU features : KF_V86_VIS KF_RDTSC KF_CR4 KF_CMOV KF_GLOBAL_PAGE KF_LARGE_PAGE KF_MTRR KF_CMPXCHG8B KF_MMX KF_WORKING_PTE KF_PAT KF_FXSR KF_FAST_SYSCALL KF_XMMI   KF_XMMI64 KF_DTS   
(ntoskrnl/ke/i386/cpu.c:722) Prefetch Cache: 64 bytes	L2 Cache: 1048576 bytes	L2 Cache Line: 64 bytes	L2 Cache Associativity: 8
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/mminit.c:1452) HAL I/O Mapping at FFFE0000 is unsafe
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:131)           0x80000000 - 0x83400000	Boot Loaded Image
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:135)           0xB0000000 - 0xB0DFE000	PFN Database
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:139)           0xB0DFE000 - 0xB4DB6000	ARM3 Non Paged Pool
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:143)           0xB9400000 - 0xBB400000	System View Space
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:147)           0xBB400000 - 0xC0000000	Session Space
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:150)           0xC0000000 - 0xC03FFFFF	Page Tables
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:153)           0xC0300000 - 0xC0300FFF	Page Directories
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:156)           0xC0400000 - 0xC07FFFFF	Hyperspace
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:159)           0xC1000000 - 0xE0FFFFFF	System Cache
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:163)           0xE1000000 - 0xECC00000	ARM3 Paged Pool
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:166)           0xECC00000 - 0xF7BE0000	System PTE Space
(ntoskrnl/mm/mminit.c:169)           0xF7BE0000 - 0xFFBE0000	Non Paged Pool Expansion PTE Space
(ntoskrnl/config/cmhvlist.c:158) CmpAddToHiveFileList: Creation or opening of the hive list failed, status = 0xc0000034
(hal/halx86/legacy/bussupp.c:688) Your machine has a PCI-to-PCI or CardBUS Bridge. PCI devices may fail!
(hal/halx86/legacy/bussupp.c:717) Found parent bus (indicating PCI Bridge). PCI devices may fail!

====== PCI BUS HARDWARE DETECTION =======

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface [8086:2570] (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Dimension 3000 [1028:019d]
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2572] (rev 02)
	Flags: fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
	Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
	Memory at feb80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
	I/O ports at ed98 [size=8]
	Device is using IRQ 11! ISA Cards using that IRQ may fail!

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev c2)
	Subsystem: Unknown [0000:0000]
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Memory at 20010100 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Memory at 2280d0d0 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Memory at fea0fea0 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
	Memory at 0000fff0 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:24d0] (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Unknown [0000:0000]
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

00:1f.1 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) IDE Controller [8086:24db] (rev 02)
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 05
	I/O ports at 01f0 [size=16]
	I/O ports at 03f4 [size=4]
	I/O ports at 0170 [size=16]
	I/O ports at 0374 [size=4]
	I/O ports at ffa0 [size=32]
	Memory at feb7fc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller [8086:24d3] (rev 02)
	Flags: medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 03
	I/O ports at eda0 [size=32]
	Device is using IRQ 3! ISA Cards using that IRQ may fail!

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller [8086:24d5] (rev 02)
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 03
	I/O ports at ee00 [size=512]
	I/O ports at edc0 [size=64]
	Memory at feb7fa00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
	Memory at feb7f900 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Device is using IRQ 3! ISA Cards using that IRQ may fail!

01:08.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82562EZ 10/100 Ethernet Controller [8086:1050] (rev 02)
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 10
	Memory at feaff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	I/O ports at df40 [size=64]
	Device is using IRQ 10! ISA Cards using that IRQ may fail!

====== PCI BUS DETECTION COMPLETE =======

PC Compatible Eisa/Isa HAL Detected
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/pnpinit.c:62) WARNING!! In PiInitCacheGroupInformation, using ReactOS HACK for SETUPLDR!!
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/pnpmgr.c:3405) ZwOpenKey(\Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\Control\Pnp) failed with status 0xc0000034
(ntoskrnl/ps/apphelp.c:318) SHIMS: ApphelpCacheRead could not even open Session Manager\AppCompatCache (0xc0000034)
(sdk/lib/rtl/image.c:171) Invalid base address: 00000000
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\sacdrv' initialization failed, status (0xc0000037)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\sacdrv'
(drivers/storage/scsiport/scsiport.c:5859) ZwOpenKey() failed with Status=0xC0000034
(hal/halx86/legacy/bussupp.c:1253) Slot assignment for 5 on bus 0
(hal/halx86/legacy/bus/pcibus.c:727) WARNING: PCI Slot Resource Assignment is FOOBAR
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\buslogic' initialization failed, status (0xc00000c0)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\buslogic'
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:958) StorPortInitialize(B4B01CC8 F789CA4C F789C880 00000000)
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:960) HwInitializationDataSize: 84
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:961) AdapterInterfaceType: 5
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:962) HwInitialize: F7AF051C
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:963) HwStartIo: F7AF3091
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:964) HwInterrupt: F7AF166A
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:965) HwFindAdapter: F7AF3430
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:966) HwResetBus: F7AF05B3
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:967) HwDmaStarted: 00000000
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:968) HwAdapterState: 00000000
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:969) DeviceExtensionSize: 75584
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:970) SpecificLuExtensionSize: 0
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:971) SrbExtensionSize: 1320
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:972) NumberOfAccessRanges: 6
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:998) No driver object extension!
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:1010) Driver object extension created!
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:31) PortAddDriverInitData()
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:1041) StorPortInitialize() done (Status 0x00000000)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:1585) '\Driver\floppy' initialization failed, status (0xc000000e)
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/driver.c:64) Deleting driver object '\Driver\floppy'
(drivers/storage/port/storport/storport.c:458) DriverEntry(B4D63B90 F789CA4C)
(drivers/filesystems/fastfat/iface.c:145) FastFAT KDBG extension registered: yes
(drivers/storage/class/ramdisk/ramdisk.c:2438) FIXME: Installing from RamDisk is UNSUPPORTED!
(drivers/storage/scsiport/scsiport.c:2894)   unknown ioctl code: 0x24054
(sdk/lib/rtl/actctx.c:4973) Failed to create the implicit act ctx. Status: 0xc000003a!!!
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pci.sys' for device 'PCI_HAL\PNP0A03\0'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI_HAL\PNP0A03\0' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pci.sys at F77E6000 with 12 pages
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'i8042prt.sys' for device 'Root\*PNP0303\0000'
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:148) Installing keyboard class driver for 'Root\*PNP0303\0000'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'Root\*PNP0303\0000' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\i8042prt.sys at F77FF000 with 1b pages
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pci.sys' for device 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_C2\2&b3ac4ede&1E'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_C2\2&b3ac4ede&1E' (no FDO above)
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'pciide.sys' for device 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DB&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\2&b3ac4ede&3F'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DB&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\2&b3ac4ede&3F' (no FDO above)
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pciide.sys at F77DE000 with 8 pages
(ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/sysldr.c:176) Loading: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pciidex.sys at F77D2000 with c pages
(hal/halx86/legacy/bus/pcibus.c:698) HAL: No PCI Resource Adjustment done! Hardware may malfunction
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'uniata.sys' for device 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&0'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&0' (no FDO above)
(base/setup/usetup/devinst.c:96) Using driver 'uniata.sys' for device 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&1'
(ntoskrnl/io/pnpmgr/plugplay.c:912) A new driver will be loaded for 'PCIIDE\IDEChannel\3&8d387c24&1' (no FDO above)
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:1087) Buffer size: 136
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:1121) PartitionCount: 4
(base/setup/lib/fsutil.c:201) File system not found, try to guess one...
(base/setup/lib/fsutil.c:311) GetFileSystem -- PartitionType: 0x0B ; FileSystemName (guessed): FAT
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2376) We are here (1)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2414) We are here (2)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2457) We are here (3)!
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2483) Found active system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2537) Use existing active system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:232) WARNING: Failed to lock volume for formatting! Format may fail! (Status: 0xc0000010)
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:289) Failed to umount volume (Status: 0xc0000010)
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/vfatlib.c:304) Failed to unlock volume (Status: 0xc0000010)
(base/setup/lib/partlist.c:2372) Use the current system partition 1 in disk 0, drive letter C
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:2695) FormatState: FormatInstallPartition --> FormatDone
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:3119) CheckFileSystemPage -- PartitionType: 0x0B ; FileSystemName: FAT
(sdk/lib/fslib/vfatlib/check/io.c:227) NtFsControlFile() failed with Status 0xc0000010
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\config, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\drivers, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\media, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Fonts, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\bin, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\drivers\etc, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\inf, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\bin\testdata, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\bin\suppl, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Microsoft.NET, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Resources, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Resources\Themes, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Resources\Themes\Lautus, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Help, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Config, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Cursors, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\ShellExt, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Temp, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\drivers, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\drivers\color, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\prtprocs, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\spool\PRINTERS, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\Repository, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\mof, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\mof\good, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\mof\bad, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\AdStatus, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\xml, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\Logs, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\AutoRecover, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\snmp, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\wbem\Performance, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\twain_32, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\repair, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Web, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Web\Wallpaper, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\Prefetch, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\security, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\security\Database, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\security\logs, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\security\templates, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\CatRoot, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\system32\CatRoot2, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\AppPatch, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\manifests, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.2600.2982_none_deadbeef, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_none_deadbeef, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.23038_none_deadbeef, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\x86_reactos.apisets_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.0.0_none_deadbeef, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:587) Failed to open directory \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\winsxs\x86_reactos.newapi_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.0.0_none_deadbeef, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:198) NtOpenFile failed: c0000034, \Device\CdRom0\reactos\system32\kdvbox.dll
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:3920) CHECKPOINT:HALF_COPIED
Boot took 360643354460 cycles!
Interrupts: 28705 System Calls: 27727 Context Switches: 22397
(ntoskrnl/config/cmsysini.c:1183) CmpGetRegistryPath TextMode setup HACK!!
(ntoskrnl/config/cmsysini.c:1238) CmpGetRegistryPath: ConfigPath = '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\System32\Config\'
(ntoskrnl/config/cmsysini.c:1238) CmpGetRegistryPath: ConfigPath = '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ReactOS\System32\Config\'
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:4215) SystemRootPath: \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
WARNING:  HvpWriteLog at sdk/lib/cmlib/hivewrt.c:29 is UNIMPLEMENTED!
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\freeldr.ini, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\ntldr, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\boot.ini, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\io.sys, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\msdos.sys, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/filesup.c:630) Failed to open file \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\kernel.sys, Status 0xc0000034
(base/setup/usetup/bootsup.c:2409) No or unknown boot loader found
(base/setup/usetup/bootsup.c:2424) Create new 'freeldr.ini'
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 9
(base/setup/usetup/bootsup.c:2444) Save bootsector: \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 ==> \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\bootsect.old
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 9
(base/setup/usetup/bootsup.c:2470) Install FAT32 bootcode: \Device\CdRom0\loader\fat32.bin ==> \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 116
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:4496) Save MBR: \Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 ==> \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\mbr.old
(base/setup/usetup/usetup.c:4506) Install MBR bootcode: \Device\CdRom0\loader\dosmbr.bin ==> \Device\Harddisk0\Partition0
(ntoskrnl/io/iomgr/file.c:554) Using IopParseDevice() hack. Requested invalid attributes: 116
Reading an earlier log I found that I had a PCI Ethernet card in the machine in addition to the integrated support; that's gone now. The machine is almost utterly stripped: It does have both CD and DVD drives plugged. There's only the one HDD plugged -- it's the master on that channel.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Have you by chance run any bootable HDD diagnostics?

Also, I noticed this in your log:
Are you using the existing partition structure, or deleting all partitions and letting ROS create the structure itself?