Is it possible to set-up audio in the VMware, or does it only works in the VirtualBox?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Start

Re: Is it possible to set-up audio in the VMware, or does it only works in the VirtualBox?

Post by Start »

UserNT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:36 am VEN_1274&DEV_1371
Please note that the files (12 pieces) in the archives for the first and second links are the same, although they are packed in different folders.
When this driver is installed via the device manager, the following files are copied into ReactOS:
ReactOS \ system \ A3d.dll
ReactOS \ system32 \ Ctpcir32.dll
ReactOS \ system32 \ Ctsetres.dll
ReactOS \ system32 \ drivers \ Eapci2m.ecw
ReactOS \ Sbpci.bmp
ReactOS \ Sbpci.ico
ReactOS \ system32 \ drivers \ Sbpci.sys
ReactOS \ system32 \ Sbres32.dll

There are no these files in ReactOS directories:
Ctpci2k.cat
Ctpci2k.inf
Sbioctl.exe
Sbres16.dll
Perhaps they are only used for the driver installation wizard.

As a result, there is sound in the system.

The driver for VMware in RAPPS has the same files (12 pieces). But they are not correctly unpacked:
ReactOS \ inf \ ctpci2K.inf
ReactOS \ system32 \ drivers \ sbpci.sys
ReactOS \ system32 \ a3d.dll
ReactOS \ system32 \ ctpci2k.cat
ReactOS \ system32 \ CTPCIR32.DLL
ReactOS \ system32 \ CTSETRes.Dll
ReactOS \ system32 \ EAPCI2M.ECW
ReactOS \ system32 \ sbIoctl.exe
ReactOS \ system32 \ SBPCI.bmp
ReactOS \ system32 \ SBPCI.ico
ReactOS \ system32 \ SBRES16.DLL
ReactOS \ system32 \ sbres32.dll

As a result, sound does not appear in the system.
binarymaster

Re: Is it possible to set-up audio in the VMware, or does it only works in the VirtualBox?

Post by binarymaster »

Start wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm The driver for VMware in RAPPS has the same files (12 pieces). But they are not correctly unpacked:
I'd recommend you to open a ticket in JIRA for that. Then it would be nice to fix the paths in the unpacker.
Start

Post by Start »

binarymaster wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 pm
Start wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm The driver for VMware in RAPPS has the same files (12 pieces). But they are not correctly unpacked:
I'd recommend you to open a ticket in JIRA for that. Then it would be nice to fix the paths in the unpacker.
Such a ticket is made: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-13836
What files should be unpacked? What should be their correct ways? What should be added to the register?
VladPuzakov

Post by VladPuzakov »

Start wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm
UserNT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:36 am VEN_1274&DEV_1371
The driver for VMware in RAPPS has the same files (12 pieces). But they are not correctly unpacked:

As a result, sound does not appear in the system.
I actually tried them, and they are working fine, now I understand why I didn't have the audio. The audio was not working not because of these drivers, the problem was because my "vmx" file had a "sb16" card, instead of the "es1371", when I set up "virtualDev" to the "es1371", and then installed the driver, it works just fine.
VladPuzakov

Post by VladPuzakov »

Installed the VMware tools (before it was crashing ReactOS, but i managed to install it), and it gave me a VMware VMaudio device, it makes the sound quality really good, but it's glitching out, and making my system very unstable, is there a way to fix this?