VirtualBox Support

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

johnsageek

VirtualBox Support

Post by johnsageek » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi, I am new to the community before I start out I am truly excited about this project. In my opinion, the ReactOS project has the greatest potential to break some gridlock in the WinTel space in technology. I am not a hardcore NT coder, but I am in the engineering space. I will get to that in another post. First things first, I need some guidance, also I have not been able to absorb all the documentation, as it is. I am using Oracle VirtualBox VManager v 5.2.02 and have been attempting to complete an install. I have been able to initialize the OS itself, but I have not been able to install the VirtualBox extension pack to completion. My question is..
  • Is VirtualBox a supported platform for installing ReactOS?
  • And if not, are there plans to bring this platform support to ReactOS?
Thank you in advance and I look forward to a successful outcome!

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: VirtualBox Support

Post by EmuandCo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Yes, it is supported and the VBox Extension Pack is to be installed on host. You mean the Guest Extensions I guess? These should work, too btw. WHat problems do you have? Best you generate a few log files and then we will see. (https://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

johnsageek

Re: VirtualBox Support

Post by johnsageek » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am

Will do. I am off for these next few days. This is when I get to "Geek out" :ugeek: :ugeek: