Several questions before I install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

kaye

Several questions before I install

Post by kaye »

Hello guys,

1. Can an old 80's Clipper program run in ReactOS? I have a Clipper program that can run in Windows 7 thru Command Prompt.

2. Can Linksys AE2500 USB wifi adapter work in ReactOS?

3. Can Avast antivirus work in ReactOS? Does ReactOS even need an antivirus software?

4. Suppose my desktop computer is currently a dual boot system - Windows and Linuxmint, and GRUB 2 is used as the boot manager.
Does this link
https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Boot_FreeLoader_from_GRUB
provide sufficient info for me to install ReacOS and not mess up the GRUB 2?

Thank you very much.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Several questions before I install

Post by EmuandCo »

You realize that ReactOS is far from done? If not, check my signature.

Any of your four questions are looking like you wanna use ReactOS on a production system and thus I say no to even try it with a alpha quality system like ReactOS.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Re: Several questions before I install

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Nothing can 'work' in ReactOS - it can run to allow those tools to be tested and some of them may function in many respects - but in no way is ReactOS ready to do any 'work'. Reason for this? - ReactOS is in alpha state and so is only ready for testing and raising bug reports.

Feel free to use it in this light and do not use it on any system where you value your data.

Look in my or Emuandco's signature, one of mine is a link to the installation instructions for ReactOS - read it well and enjoy your testing!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.