first boot - copysystemprofile() failed

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jasin

first boot - copysystemprofile() failed

Post by jasin »

Hello, I'm new here and look forward to getting involved with the project, but I've hit a road bump.

I've installed reactos using a boot cd. At first I was having a BOSD with HdAudbus and so I mounted the drive in windows and renamed the file. I no longer get the BSOD but I can't seem to get past this alert message box that states
CopySystemProfile() failed Rebooting now.
Then the system does nothing but hangs until I force it to power down. I don't have an extravagant system, just a old abit KN8 motherboard with an 80GB hd connected as master on IDE 1. The message box is most unhelpful, maybe someone can point me in the right direction and get me on my way to becoming more useful to the project as a whole. Thanks in advanced
dizt3mp3r

Re: first boot - copysystemprofile() failed

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Jasin, firstly, what are you trying to achieve? A system to run ReactOS or a system to test ReactOS? Tell us about yourself, your hardware and versions of everything including ReactOS in detail or we can't help you - be forthcoming - all we know at the moment is some vague information that your machine is unwell.

Have you read and absorbed the installation instructions fully, have you searched the forum for similar approaches/problems before reporting here?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
oldman

Re: first boot - copysystemprofile() failed

Post by oldman »

* Try a fresh install - don't give up at the first try; make at least three attempts to install.
* Can you disable sound in the bios? - some people disable usb and audio, but I have never tried that.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.