Audio Issues

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

John Doe

Audio Issues

Post by John Doe »

I'm running ReactOS on a virtual machine using virtual box. The settings of the virtual machine are all configured according to the wiki guide. I installed the driver to the right location and the device manager indicates that the driver is recognized. However, in the audio manager, the option to choose a playback device is greyed out. When I click on the taskbar's audio icon, a message pops up saying there's no available audio mixer. Does anybody know what the issue could be? I attatched a screenshot. [ external image ]
ThFabba
Developer

Re: Audio Issues

Post by ThFabba »

This may simply be a problem with the mixer API used by the Sound Properties dialog. If you try to play C:\ReactOS\media\ReactOS_LogOn.wav in the built-in audio player, does it work?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

You should reboot several (at least two) times until the audio output device will appear here.
John Doe

Post by John Doe »

ThFabba wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 am This may simply be a problem with the mixer API used by the Sound Properties dialog. If you try to play C:\ReactOS\media\ReactOS_LogOn.wav in the built-in audio player, does it work?
The audio output options work now. Not sure why. After double clicking ReactOS_LogOn.wav, the audio player opens up with no file there. When I manually try to load the file into the player, the time stamp doesn't move past 00:00 and no sound comes out.