Stuck in a loop

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

gclayton

Stuck in a loop

Post by gclayton »

Hi, I have just installed ReactOS on a HP Compaq DC7900, Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5ghz, 4gb Ram

On installation I find that the network / ethernet adaptor is not recognised / installed. In order to update driver I need and internet connection but can not get one without ethernet etc etc

I am also wanting to test some atronomy software but need to download .net frame for it to work

Can you please advise as to how I can overcome this problem. I find your project very interesting and am very keen to test and give input as much as I can.

Regards
Reactions

Re: Stuck in a loop

Post by Reactions »

gclayton wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm Hi, I have just installed ReactOS on a HP Compaq DC7900, Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5ghz, 4gb Ram

On installation I find that the network / ethernet adaptor is not recognised / installed. In order to update driver I need and internet connection but can not get one without ethernet etc etc

I am also wanting to test some atronomy software but need to download .net frame for it to work

Can you please advise as to how I can overcome this problem. I find your project very interesting and am very keen to test and give input as much as I can.

Regards
What company is the Ethernet chip from?
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Identify your network card and find the appropriate driver for it that works in Windows XP. Then burn it to a CD to transfer over.

Try here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/se ... pc/3785403
gclayton

Post by gclayton »

Thank you, will give it a try