How do I change the aspect ratio?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

svenzo1

How do I change the aspect ratio?

Post by svenzo1 »

This is my first post on the forum, I have been following ReactOS for some time now and I like to play around with it in a Virtual Machine, the thing that bothers me most is that ReactOS is stuck in 4:3 aspect ratio and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to be in 16:9, when I go into display settings it only shows 4:3 resolutions and nothing more, any help would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ps. I am running it in Virtualbox if that helps.
Reactions

Re: How do I change the aspect ratio?

Post by Reactions »

Go to control panel>Display. There will be a slider that will change the resolution, some with different aspect ratios.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
svenzo1

Post by svenzo1 »

But it only shows 4:3 aspect ratios.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

You may need to install the appropriate drivers to get different resolutions. I know in VirtualBox there are only a limited set of options until you install the Guest Additions software.
justincase

Post by justincase »

You may also need to change which graphics card VirtualBox is emulating (while the VM is off).
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
cb88

Post by cb88 »

For Virtualbox just reboot into safe mode and install the guest additions without the 3d drivers. Then reboot...