just installed ReactOS on a VM and was greeted with this error

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

bargo

Re: just installed ReactOS on a VM and was greeted with this error

Post by bargo »

@karlexceed that's just it, I've done nothing but installing the OS and clicking next all the way and that screen shows up, no information to add because litterally I don't have
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

How exactly your VM is configured is additional information. A screenshot of the "Virtual Machine Settings" dialog would be one way, a copy of the .vmx file even better.
A debug log is also additional information.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Possibly just upload the .vmx to Google Drive (Allow to download if the person uses the link!) or Dropbox as ThFabba wants to possibly do the debug log him/herself.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

Uh, no, I'm working on about a hundred bugs already. So it's much more likely for me (or any other dev) to want to help if I can look at the backtrace in an existing debug log and see whether this is code that I'm familiar with and might have an easy fix for.
bargo

Post by bargo »

like I said I followed a video on youtube and that problem happened only on the first installation (it kept happening several times after the first installation then I reinstalled the system formatting the old version and the problem was gone, because of that I can't send you the .vmx) sorry for being a pain in the ***
onestop_mid

Post by onestop_mid »

What video? What version of VMWare? What options did you select during the install? If you have this issue again, please include atleast all of those.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Don't help him. He doesn't want help. He is just winding you up.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
bargo

Post by bargo »

@onestop_mid here is the link fi the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne88Is2cymQ, VMware workstation 14
bargo

Post by bargo »

and for the options, the only thing that I changed is the keyboard layout, you see, I have a french keyboard with azerty keys and the default is an english one so I changed it
Quim

Post by Quim »

middings wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:22 pm IMO, in the 21st century there is no excuse for writing poor bug reports whether the report is formal (e.g., a JIRA report) or informal (e.g., a post in the ReactOS Support forum).

Bug reporting advice from around the Internet:
How to Report Bugs Effectively by Simon Tatham This is the Internet's gold standard of general bug reporting advice.
How to Ask Questions in a Technical Forum
Email tip: Choose a subject line that is meaningful to the recipient, not to the sender
FGA: Please follow the standard litany when giving a problem report.
Complete Idiot's Guide to Opening Bad Bugs This is for those who learn best from observing negative examples.

ReactOS-specific Bug Reporting Advice for Those Who Lack a Powerful Debugging Workstation:
[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!! (Ignore all the chatter following the first post in the topic.)
Excellent explaination. :D