No boot Windows or Reactos

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Evertonlps

No boot Windows or Reactos

Post by Evertonlps »

I installed via usb next to Windows but it does not start and does not appear Windows boot in the menu, how do I recover? the installation does not start any more and I do not have a Cd drive, I'm not sure what to do now. :oops:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
:cry: help me to start Windows.. :cry:
karlexceed

Re: No boot Windows or Reactos

Post by karlexceed »

https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_ReactOS
ReactOS itself, setup utility and boot loader have a number of limitations.
The use of an emulator is preferable if the machine on which you will run ReactOS is your primary computer or if you have important data on the computer which you cannot afford to lose.
To actually fix the problem, you can check here: https://reactos.org/wiki/Boot_options
Or break out your trusty Windows restore disk and let it work it's magic. (Something like this: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33433/r ... tu-update/ )
Or read up on GRUB: https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manua ... index.html
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Evertonlps wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 pm I installed via usb next to Windows but it does not start and does not appear Windows boot in the menu, how do I recover? the installation does not start any more and I do not have a Cd drive, I'm not sure what to do now. :oops:

:cry: help me to start Windows.. :cry:
With such a comment on IRC:
03:44 - Evertonlps : System trash, 20 years and does not change, bye losers
13:12 - hbelusca : With such a comment I'm not sure people will try to help you there: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18789
I'm not sure we will just even try to help you fixing your own error, loser... :roll:
justincase

Post by justincase »

OK, guys. Perhaps installing an Alpha version of an OS on a computer they actually cared about wasn't the brightest thing Evertonlps has done lately, perhaps doing that install via an unsupported method (USB is still a work in progress) wasn't their best decision ever, and being rude to people (especially people they're also requesting help from) is never a good idea. ... BUT, even so, we don't really want to unnecessarily make enemies here, do we? Let's try to move passed these transgressions, and do our best to help recover the usability of this user's computer. If they can't be civil in the future that's a different matter, but right now, I'm sure Evertonlps is just frustrated that the computer won't boot.

Anyway, @Evertonlps: What version of Windows did this computer have on it prior to your failed attempt at installing ReactOS on it, which ended up borking the system, how many hard disks do you have in this computer, did you do anything prior to the installation in order to make the installation (slightly) less destructive? (e.g. creating a second partition on your hard drive), and when you were given the option to choose what drive & partition to install to, what did you do?

Note: Depending on how the computer was configured prior to the installation attempt, and what options you chose during installation, it is possible that your previous data may not be recoverable, and that your only courses of action may be to seek professional data recovery services, or to perform a clean install of Windows (or another OS).
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
oldman

Post by oldman »

If he has screwed up is hard drive only once, then he should be able to recover the original installation that he had before his failed attempt to install ReactOS, with Testdisk.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.