Install modern games and apps

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

inhumanreaction

Install modern games and apps

Post by inhumanreaction »

Hi guys, I'm very new to ReactOS.
I want to play Skyrim and some simulator game on Apknite so I'm curious to know is it possible to install modern games and apps on ReactOS?
Also in Windows, you can install graphic drivers.
Can we install the same drivers in ReactOS?
middings

Re: Install modern games and apps

Post by middings »

inhumanreaction wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 am...is it possible to install modern games and apps on ReactOS?
What have you already done to find answers to your questions yourself? These forums have a search feature. Try it. There is a ReactOS Wiki with much documentation. Try that also. At the top of the ReactOS.org home page, choose the ">Wiki" link at the top of the page. Then in the section marked "Documentation" choose "About ReactOS". Read everything there. Then go back to the main Wiki page and in the section marked "Testing" choose "Installing ReactOS". Read all of that too.

If you've tried to find the answer on your own but couldn't, then start a new topic in the "ReactOS Website discussion" forum. In your new topic, mention the question you were trying to answer and what you did to try to find the answer yourself. This will draw attention to deficiencies in ReactOS's documentation. Other forum participants can then edit the wiki to improve ReactOS's documentation.

“Let us stand on each others' shoulders, not each others' toes.” – Dennis Allison, Dr. Dobb's Journal of Tiny BASIC Calisthenics & Orthodontia (Running Light without Overbyte)
Also in Windows, you can install graphic drivers. Can we install the same drivers in ReactOS?
If the previously mentioned ReactOS Wiki pages did not answer your question, then go to the "Installing ReactOS" page in the ReactOS Wiki. In the "Limitations" section of that page, look for the link marked "Known Issues". Choose it then read the "Drivers" section on the "Known Issues" page.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Install modern games and apps

Post by EmuandCo »

Answer is simple. Games have the same problem as all WIndows apps here. The newer the less likely it will work. ROS has still problems with any WIn Vista+ ONLY app for exaple. But yes, the plan is o be able to use official drivers too. Some already do, many do not. Thats what the Alpha state stands for ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...