ReactOS 0.4.12 installer troubleshooter pc?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

ReactOS 0.4.12 installer troubleshooter pc?

Post by LMH1 »

Its someone that know how to get this to works with Compaq mini 110c-101S0?

Or Asus X370 Pro motherboard

Because if i try installtion on hardware i did not get pass first step after boot its give gray screen i guess drivers issue?

I have also question when reactos add full support of (firefox 69.0.3) because its time now.

Its look like its look better now with virtuabox and vmware, but on real hardware is long way again.

How long time will its take to 64 bits (multicore and more than 8 GB of ram support?)
binarymaster

Re: ReactOS 0.4.12 installer troubleshooter pc?

Post by binarymaster »

LMH1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 pm Its someone that know how to get this to works with Compaq mini 110c-101S0?

Or Asus X370 Pro motherboard

Because if i try installtion on hardware i did not get pass first step after boot its give gray screen i guess drivers issue?

Its look like its look better now with virtuabox and vmware, but on real hardware is long way again.
Better luck with 0.4.14-dev (nightly builds) available here: https://reactos.org/getbuilds/

You should either install from CD/DVD or use USB RAM boot explained here: https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_Rea ... B_RAM_boot
LMH1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 pm I have also question when reactos add full support of (firefox 69.0.3) because its time now.
ReactOS targets Windows XP/Server 2003, and FF 69.0.3 doesn't support it. Try using an older build of Firefox, check out Applications Manager shortcut on desktop.
LMH1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 pm How long time will its take to 64 bits (multicore and more than 8 GB of ram support?)
Multicore will take an eternity, but 64-bit port is almost here, it will be available one day.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

I have tested: reactos-bootcd-0.4.14-dev-49-gfb4591c-x86-gcc-lin-rel

its works nice with loading files and enter to start boot cd but i still get grey screen after loading files?
Its still with Compaq mini 110c-101S0.

But did its support UEFI boot? that is not a windows XP\server 2003 features?

Compaq mini 110c-101S0 drivers:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/se ... el/3965000

Asus X370 pro:
https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PR ... _Download/

How to add this drivers to bootCD? so its works? Witch drivers will works or not?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm its works nice with loading files and enter to start boot cd but i still get grey screen after loading files?
Its still with Compaq mini 110c-101S0.
You can start screen debug mode, choose "ReactOS (Screen)" in the bootloader, it will help to identify problem.
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm But did its support UEFI boot? that is not a windows XP\server 2003 features?
It's not a problem if UEFI supports CSM / Legacy boot feature. And since you were able to boot, your UEFI does support it.
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm How to add this drivers to bootCD? so its works?
You can prepare a USB flash drive or a separate CD/DVD with your drivers.

Also see https://reactos.org/wiki/Install_a_driver for more options.
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm Witch drivers will works or not?
It's up to you to check which of them are working.

We also have https://reactos.org/wiki/Supported_Hardware pages which are maintained by community, here you can read which hardware was tested and confirmed working. Also you can add here your test results.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But its it way without to install reactos? Its it possible to copy files from windows 10 and boot it from bios?
You can start screen debug mode, choose "ReactOS (Screen)" in the bootloader
But how do you do that from cd? Because nonething happed after i touch enter and loading files from cd.

I have hope its have be possible to use live CD to install from it but i think not.
Because its way to check if installer image is the issue.

Edit i find out that you mean live CD: I got this on the same 2 computer i tested.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

binarymaster wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 pm ReactOS targets Windows XP/Server 2003, and FF 69.0.3 doesn't support it. Try using an older build of Firefox, check out Applications Manager shortcut on desktop.
But why clone XP and server 2003? its it very old? Many hardware\software did not works longer in XP.
And its a issue (big) issue with security and XP so its a reason that windows 7 and windows 10 repace it.

I did not have issue with money but i think its take to long time to ReactOS to compared to linux.
Its not very usable to somthing yet other than virtual box or vmware player.

ReactOS did not support multitreading or more than 4 GB of ram.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 am
binarymaster wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 pm ReactOS targets Windows XP/Server 2003, and FF 69.0.3 doesn't support it. Try using an older build of Firefox, check out Applications Manager shortcut on desktop.
But why clone XP and server 2003? its it very old? Many hardware\software did not works longer in XP.
And its a issue (big) issue with security and XP so its a reason that windows 7 and windows 10 repace it.

I did not have issue with money but i think its take to long time to ReactOS to compared to linux.
Its not very usable to somthing yet other than virtual box or vmware player.

ReactOS did not support multitreading or more than 4 GB of ram.
The ReactOS team is making it XP/2003 because it is the best and it's a place to start. They want to make a forward compatability that is able to run stuff from Win 7/10 from XP/2003. I think this is a lot better then trying to make a Win 7/10 clone.

Yes, we all know Linux exist and has more stuff then ReactOS has now, but even Linux "after a long time" even still falls behind then Windows does, especially when it comes to audio and video, and don't even get me started on how painful it is to try and record vids on Linux.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 am But why clone XP and server 2003? its it very old? Many hardware\software did not works longer in XP.
You may not realise that to build an o/s that replicates NT6 systems (vista, Win7 +) the devs still have to build all the APIs and functionality that exists within NT5 (XP/2003). Win7 is not a different or a new o/s, it is fundamentally still NT5 with derivations, add-ons, new code, new APIs. I think I am right in saying, the majority of it is still NT5 code.

So, if you are going to build Win7 you still have to build 2003. That is why ReactOS is aiming to build the o/s that you don't want. However, this project is not about you and your desires and that's why is seems unusable to you now, instead it is about practicality and aiming for a static, non-moving target. That target has to be 2003.

Note that compatibility with later versions is being prepared and anyone can contribute code, including you.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But issue with vista\XP
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-c ... -windows-7

If you do that i windows 10, and boot vista or older, the disc may did not be readable to windows 10 longer.
Try sfc /scannow and its show its can not read filesystem.

Also issue with ReactOS is security as i know to day windows vista\XP have a lot issue with security the support is end of life.
But bigest issue its when ReactOS come to beta or RC i guess 2030 or maybe longer time to its to old for hardware on this day.

And we can only hope that ReactOS use NTFS or Exfat because other filesystem is to old.
Better with support of mac\linux than old filesystem.

But also the biggest issue is with drives and program because many company will stop to make 32 bits apps (mac and linux will not support a lot of it) so i think with Reactos its hard to use a lot of new games and program that need power.

Its easy to test it but you find out quick that openoffice and lot of program did not works.

How to download a MSI files from firefox on reactOS?
Its look like its show like .txt files with textfiles on browser?
Its other way to download files from reactos? Because its look like virtualbox and vmware show default AMD\Intel networks card.
Not that is installed on computer.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I don't think you really understood what you were just told. Please re-read my last response about NT5/NT6 and absorb!
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 pm Its easy to test it but you find out quick that openoffice and lot of program did not works.
You do realise that ReactOS is Alpha and almost everything will not work properly? or is this just a general chat about things that you don't like in XP/ReactOS? If so, you have come to the wrong place to voice them, your opinions are as out of date as you believe ReactOS to be and they have all been heard many times before.

If you don't like what you see - get coding.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 am But why clone XP and server 2003? its it very old? Many hardware\software did not works longer in XP.
ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:04 am The ReactOS team is making it XP/2003 because it is the best and it's a place to start.
dizt3mp3r wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm I don't think you really understood what you were just told. Please re-read my last response about NT5/NT6 and absorb!
Don't make this support thread off-topic, or it will be reported & closed by moderators. You've been warned. :|

The forum is not a chat - the chat is here: https://chat.reactos.org/
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 pm How to download a MSI files from firefox on reactOS?
Its look like its show like .txt files with textfiles on browser?
If this doesn't happen on Windows XP with the same Firefox version, then it's a bug, and you should file a bug report ticket in JIRA. - See https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs
LMH1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 pm Its other way to download files from reactos? Because its look like virtualbox and vmware show default AMD\Intel networks card.
Not that is installed on computer.
There are many ways - add an application with download link to RAPPS (Applications Manager), use dwnl console downloader, use ftp console client.
Or use non-network ways such as CD/ISO image or USB flash drive.

And I don't understand how the type of network card is related to that.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

I try to get some answer, about boot and how to fix it, the worst case its not to get any answer.
If this doesn't happen on Windows XP with the same Firefox version, then it's a bug, and you should file a bug report ticket in JIRA. - See
I did think you developer know about this issue, but they did not priority it i guess its most more important cases about bluescreen som need to be fixed?

If not i can try to make bug about it, but its can also be a firefox bug, because browser its out to date.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But i think its because drivers of hardware that is issue tested 0.4.13 that did not boot after first boot and loading files.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/se ... es/4004494 did i need to download drives before install?