opengl games benchmarks on tour (quake3)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

mitcoes

opengl games benchmarks on tour (quake3)

Post by mitcoes »

The question is that React OS would be able to be a great Live DVD system for gamers, that would not have to buy windows for use them.

I would like to know Quake 3 benchmarks in the same machine under XP, and under ReactOS, that would be a good indicator for gamers and company games for using games from CDs or Memory Stcks, or even for publish games in ReactOS powered Memory Sticks, with best OS settings for each game.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Live DVD system for gamers...

Post by Jaix »

Yes, in time ROS will be a Great game system, a gamedeveloper will be able to include ROS on their install DVD so installation woan't be nessessary.
Thoug right now it is not ready for a comparison with WinXP because our DirectX isn't ready for that yet, but in one year this will hopefully be of interest, DX is under heavy development and we hope it will start to take shape in the beginning of 2007 for an ongoing development during that year to a level where hardware accellerated graphics could make ROS and WinXP comparable.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Welcome to ReactOS!!
Yes indeed ...ROS will have infinite oportunities in the future....
As for Q3 Arena ... at the moment hardware rendered OpenGL graphics are broken ..... And id dropped software rendering in Q3 i believe so it doesn't work at the moment....
Regards GreyGhost
walter

Post by walter »

do glide games work? if yes, they could be used for some testing...
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

The problem is that at the moment no graphic card drivers work. So only Games with a software mode could be used. With Beta 0.5 you can test the games on ReactOS I think.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Please don't reply incorrect "facts", as it put ReactOS in a bad light.

Several drivers already work in various ReactOS versions.
nVidia drivers have been known to work fine also with hardware acceleration for OpenGL.
ReactOs 0.3.0 and trunk have several regressions due removing hacks from the ReactOS kernel. Implementing the kernel the right way is the goal and therefor until everything has been fixed some areas might be a bit broken for the meanwhile.
This means OpenGL don't work in ReactOS 0.3.0, the same goes for SDL, Open Office 1.x, newer AbiWord versions, etc.

Please try to understand that there is a need to fix the kernel better now than in one year. The whole process has been ongoing for several months now and most parts are already almost fixed.

OpenGL might work in 0.3.1, and will of course work again in 0.3.2.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Sorry.... i should have been a bit more clearer ..... thats why i had said ... "at the moment ,.... broken ... " sorry if i caused confusion ... and i do know that thhe nVidia driver got broken due to heavy kernel work before 0.3 ....
Regards GreyGhost