Installing mono problems

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

swight

Installing mono problems

Post by swight »

I have been trying to install mono for a little while in various svn versions of ReactOS(only tried boot-release versions) from 31538 to 31705 in Q on a mac. I tried a couple of different versions of mono from 1.1.13.8(only version in compatibility database) to 1.2.6. In each case I used an ISO file to bring the installer into ReactOS. In every case the setup icon appeared in the bar at the bottom of the screen and after waiting a little while the Next button from the installer showed up on the screen(and nothing else from the installer window). during this time if you move the mouse it will start to slow down then freeze at which time the keyboard is also non-functional so it could be an entire system freeze.

Thought I should mention this since for the version in the compatibility database the tester mentioned that it installed ok and now it doesn't.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Informations in application compatibility database are seriously outdated. We had a kernel rewrite since then.

As you are using Qemu (or so i understood) please use DBG version and use debug output by adding the following line -serial file:1.txt

You can select any filename you wish. Having DBG output will allow us to see what goes wrong. Do not expect Mono to run with ROS on Qemu. Its still too soon for that.
swight

Post by swight »

Q is the Macintosh port of QEMU. I used SVN version 31729 and mono version 1.1.13.8.1

Link to debug output:http://www.savefile.com/files/1312392
swight

Post by swight »

Tested with SVN 31877 and mono 1.1.13.8.1, it now does a blue screen of death instead of freezing.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1326014