installing and live-cd

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calitar

installing and live-cd

Post by Calitar »

Please excuse this newbie question, but is there any way to install stuff (temporarily) while running a live-cd verson of ReactOS? I figured out how to install stuff onto my hard drive while running ROS, but none of it would actually run after install. I think that the reason for that is simply because the program is on my HD.

What I want to do is to somehow copy the install files onto D: and be able to install them there. With Knoppix this would be simple to do. Just navigate /mnt/hda1, find the file I want and copy it to the desktop. I understand if it is more difficult in ROS though.

One last thing, 0.2.6RC1 seems like a VAST improvement over 0.2.5. 0.2.5 was so slow for me that I could not stand to use it for more than five minutes at a time. This release, however, is about as fast as Windows or Linux. Good job devs!
dave

Post by dave »

I need help installing ROS 0.2.5. I tried to install in over a Win98. But the installer would not start.

What gives?
Dave Johnson
DaveFilms
http://www.davefilms.us
Calitar

Post by Calitar »

dave wrote:I need help installing ROS 0.2.5. I tried to install in over a Win98. But the installer would not start.

What gives?
Sorry to have to say this but
1. I don't know how to help you.
2. You would probably be more likely to get help if you started your own thread. The topic of this thread is not really related to your problem. Don't take this as a flame because I am just trying to help you.