blue screen on boot HP pavilion

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

blue screen on boot HP pavilion

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Hello,

I'm all excited about 0.3.12 so I have just built a bootable CD and trying to apply it to the HP Pavilion laptop I previously used successfully(!) for 0.3.11.

Unfortunately, I get a blue screen on boot:

ntoskrnl.exe add 808eeb2e base at 80800000 datestamp 4cb4bc60

It is an HP Pavilion zt3200 if that helps.

Any ideas?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Re: blue screen on boot HP pavilion

Post by dizt3mp3r »

That's normal and safe mode... BSOD
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

debugging mode - installing devices, just seems to hang for an eternity
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

It may be touchpad related as the cursor freezes but a new setup page appears shortly after (which page is variable each boot). The one common factor appears to be cursor freezing, keyboard input has no effect
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Using Rosdbg was able to boot as long as I did not use the touchpad, was able to then go throught the first time config. options. Rebooted when done. Subsequent normal boots all produce a BSOD, however a ROSDBG boor works successfully.It boots. Touchpad works.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

do you know what the edit-button is?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Since the successful boot it will always boot into ROSDBG mode, it also now boots into standard debug mode.

Now, only 'normal' mode generates the BSOD.

The Debug modes are quick to boot and fast to operate. I can't see much difference in operation between the debug and normal modes.