VMware and ReactOS installation: Vmware-image request

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

MarOrt

VMware and ReactOS installation: Vmware-image request

Post by MarOrt »

Sometime ago I managed to install ReacOS 0.2.5 on VMware. However I haven't succeeded anymore with 0.2.6 and 0.2.7.
I have tried to think how I manage to install 0.2.5, but I can't recall the proper way to install ROS anymore. I finally burned it on a CD to have a look at 0.2.7, but I feels like waist, burning a CD just to look at ROS for 30 minutes.

My questions:
1. Could any one please post a DUMMY How to install ReactOS... on VMWare?

2. If this is legal: could a VMWare image be made available for download? This would greatly minimize the effort running ROS for people with VMWare installed.

P.s. I am willing to post the VMImage myself if I could figure how to install ROS on VMware again!
WaxDragon
Developer

Post by WaxDragon »

I install ReactOS under VMWare nearly every day, so I know it works. The most important question is: "What version of VMWare are you using?"

I use VMWare 5 on a regular basis, and occationally use 4.5, but I don't use anything older than that. From a recent bug report, I understand you need to use the VGA video driver if you are using VMWare 3.
MarOrt

Post by MarOrt »

WaxDragon wrote:I install ReactOS under VMWare nearly every day, so I know it works. The most important question is: "What version of VMWare are you using?"

I use VMWare 5 on a regular basis, and occationally use 4.5, but I don't use anything older than that. From a recent bug report, I understand you need to use the VGA video driver if you are using VMWare 3.
We recently switched over to VMWare 5, prior to that we used 4.5 something.

Can you please give me a dummy proof manual how to install ROS on VMWare 4/5.

Also what do you think about providing a ready VMware-image of the latest official ROS-release? (next to the live, iso and qemu)