USB Driver Trouble

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

PurpleGurl

USB Driver Trouble

Post by PurpleGurl »

I recently downloaded the LiveCD after reading all the great changes. However, ever since the end of the 0.2 series or so, it hasn't worked for me. Sure, I can run an emulator, but what is the point of that? I want to be able to format the drive, get rid of the Windows crap, and install Reactos, and if I have to have Windows to install Reactos, then I might as well stick with Windows.

Okay, so I put the LiveCD in the drive and Freeloader comes up. Then it reaches a point and hangs. When it reaches usbdriver.sys, it hangs. Then I finally decided to try to troubleshoot. So I went into CMOS and disabled all USB support, and it loaded. I had to dig out a PS2 mouse, but I was able to use it. And there was no sound. Disabling USB disabled the onboard sound support. Then I decided to try to enable some USB support. Enabling 2.0 support caused the hang to come back, but enabling legacy support still allowed for a boot. However, the USB mouse operated in an erratic fashion and moving it caused it to open things without clicking on them. I had to use the keyboard to shut down the system. So if USB support won't work, then what is the point of using the OS?
tec_wiz

Re: USB Driver Trouble

Post by tec_wiz »

Please note that Reactos is Alpha software right now and is not for daily or actual use for production.

USB is not currently implemented, at the current moment there is no defined date for completion either.

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8814

The above link will answer alot of questions for you.